Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R1000 a stage for TOGH and then R470 for one day on fully closed roads too expensive?? I dont think thats a vote with wallet.

uuuuummmmm.......R2900 entry......5 stages......my maths is normally *** but yeah....it's not a grand a stage.  More like R580.  Almost half of what you got?  

But I do see ASG is screwing the pooch now with a higher entry fee closer to the time.

Fact is...and I am not being facetious here.....my entry.....plus my food and accommodation cost less than what my "normal" 4 day trip down to the "August in March"  works me out in previous years.  So I am happy.  That said, it helps not taking the family down as I can book accommodation cheap and nasty and live off slap chips and 2min noodles.   ;)

This was a limited number early bird entry which I also took advantage of. I think TOGH sounds like a great idea and also hoping that it lives up to the potential. The way I see it - CTCT MTB, followed by 5 days of TOGH followed by a leisurely Argus is a great reason to take a week's leave. 

7 days of riding? - can't be that bad.

And the next weekend is Eroica - what a k@k life

uuuuummmmm.......R2900 entry......5 stages......my maths is normally *** but yeah....it's not a grand a stage.  More like R580.  Almost half of what you got?  

But I do see ASG is screwing the pooch now with a higher entry fee closer to the time.

Fact is...and I am not being facetious here.....my entry.....plus my food and accommodation cost less than what my "normal" 4 day trip down to the "August in March"  works me out in previous years.  So I am happy.  That said, it helps not taking the family down as I can book accommodation cheap and nasty and live off slap chips and 2min noodles.   ;)

Edited by Mamil

uuuuummmmm.......R2900 entry......5 stages......my maths is normally *** but yeah....it's not a grand a stage. More like R580. Almost half of what you got?

Fact is...and I am not being facetious here.....my entry.....plus my food and accommodation cost less than what my "normal" 4 day trip down to the "August in March" works me out in previous years. So I am happy. That said, it helps not taking the family down as I can book accommodation cheap and nasty and live off slap chips and 2min noodles. ;)

e28383de2a0da8f344a1312722f1447d.jpge28383de2a0da8f344a1312722f1447d.jpg

Sorry saw the 5800 and 4200 and took an average of 5000. Divided by 5 gives you 1000. Agree the whole not bringing the whole clan is much cheaper but cost per day of riding on closed roads CTCT is really good value for money.

Sorry saw the 5800 and 4200 and took an average of 5000. Divided by 5 gives you 1000. Agree the whole not bringing the whole clan is much cheaper but cost per day of riding on closed roads CTCT is really good value for money.

Route will be key...

If TOGH is able to get back the Franschoek, Du Toits & Bainskloof passes into the routes the event would be great value for money despite the issues.

If it's just another series of PPA funrides around Paardeberg (as you labeled it last time) like 2019 I actually don't see this event happening again.

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust is excited to announce that e-bikes will be welcomed for the first time this coming year, subject to specific conditions to entry.

Regarding the short route... the decision has been taken to postpone the short route option until 2021 to allow for further planning and judicious preparation.

Edited by LeoKnight

Route will be key...

If TOGH is able to get back the Franschoek, Du Toits & Bainskloof passes into the routes the event would be great value for money despite the issues.

If it's just another series of PPA funrides around Paardeberg (as you labeled it last time) like 2019 I actually don't see this event happening again.

Agree 100%, I did the event in 2016, all those passes were in, Bains Kloof, Du Toits both sides, Franshoek pass was amazing.

Im happy pay the entry fee for a similar route not 4-5 sportive routes.

Day 3 was the hilltop finish on du toits.

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust is excited to announce that e-bikes will be welcomed for the first time this coming year, subject to specific conditions to entry.

Regarding the short route... the decision has been taken to postpone the short route option until 2021 to allow for further planning and judicious preparation.

So they couldn't agree with the City of Cape Town obviously

A little bird in the know whispered to me the organisers might have jumped the gun by announcing the short route option before permissions are in place. Logistically it's going to be very difficult to pull off something like this a day before the main event - let's see how this one pans out.

Don't want to say I told you so - but I did....  :ph34r:

Don't want to say I told you so - but I did....  :ph34r:

Very prophetic of you!

Must say, I can't see it being anything other than a nightmare

Very prophetic of you!

Must say, I can't see it being anything other than a nightmare

It won't be any different to how the fit MTBers who don't do seeding events and have few road skills are seeded (i.e. me). Flying passed people at twice the speed.

Actually, it might be a good opportunity to review one of these machines  :ph34r: