Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Wasn't it only for this year? think I remember the lottery still applying for the 2018 tour

You're right. A bit of google snooping shows that the lottery still applied in 2018. I don't recall having requested a lottery entry ticket but I must have since I rode the race. Ah wait, 2018 was the year after the CCTCT (CancelledCApeTpwnCycleTour)? Maybe that's why as I had a guaranteed entry from 2017

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.....didn't sell out last year.

could still buy entries in february.

so who knows

Yeah, was stressed last year after my wife telling me stories of them not getting entries before the lottery process started, so was a bit worried, but knowing how many entries go for sale on here I'm not worried at all

In the past did you not get priority entry if you had done 10 or more ?

Does not seem that way this year.

Not needed.  They don't fill up that fast anymore.  Price....economy......couple of cancellations.....boom.....demand dies down

I'm heading down for the TOGH.  Won't go through the trouble of booking accommodation and entry for the CTCT. 

Maybe stay over on Friday and do a chilled ride over Suikerbossie and Chappies for free(Depends if this short route **** is not going to interfere with my plans) and then head back to Gagateng on Saturday.

Edited by Spinnekop

I'm heading down for the TOGH.  Won't go through the trouble of booking accommodation and entry for the CTCT. 

Maybe stay over on Friday and do a chilled ride over Suikerbossie and Chappies for free(Depends if this short route **** is not going to interfere with my plans) and then head back to Gagateng on Saturday.

Ahhh, the TOGH - now if ever there was an event that is only one more stuff up away from being completely cancelled...

If the CTCT evokes this kind of angry reaction from you I want to be there with popcorn when we get your feedback on the TOGH  :devil:

Ahhh, the TOGH - now if ever there was an event that is only one more stuff up away from being completely cancelled...

If the CTCT evokes this kind of angry reaction from you I want to be there with popcorn when we get your feedback on the TOGH  :devil:

Jip.....also thinking that exact same thing........stupidity has no cure right.

But I do want to give it a go before ASG completely ****s it up and it goes off the calendar......or maybe it is already FUBAR.  Who knows.

Definitely not angry about the CTCT.  I did ride my bike 80+ kilos that day it was cancelled.  Still enjoyed it and the views was great.  

Just voting (As sooooo many others have done last year) with my wallet this time around! So I'll do most of the nice route the day before but wont fork out that entry fee.  Quite an easy decision really.   :thumbup:

Edited by Spinnekop

But I do want to give it a go before ASG completely ****s it up and it goes off the calendar......or maybe it is already FUBAR.  Who knows.

Definitely not angry about the CTCT.  I did ride my bike 80+ kilos that day it was cancelled.  Still enjoyed it and the views was great.  

Just voting (As sooooo many others have done last year) with my wallet this time around! So I'll do most of the nice route the day before but wont fork out that entry fee.  Quite an easy decision really.   :thumbup:

TOGH has so much potential and there certainly is demand for a road stage race in the lead-up to the CTCT, but I'm worried that ASG stuffed it up once too often. Holding thumbs that the new race director can save the event in 2020

R1000 a stage for TOGH and then R470 for one day on fully closed roads too expensive?? I dont think thats a vote with wallet.

TOGH has so much potential and there certainly is demand for a road stage race in the lead-up to the CTCT, but I'm worried that ASG stuffed it up once too often. Holding thumbs that the new race director can save the event in 2020

Think they just need to start by sorting out the route. No Cape Town rider wants to do loops of Durbanville and Paarl

Just PPA members and 21 club

Just PPA members and 21 club

Actually checked, used to get priority if you did 10 or more.

Also confirmed on the CTCT Facebook that it will be applicable this year too.

So if you’ve done 10 or more you can enter tomorrow too.

Actually checked, used to get priority if you did 10 or more.

Also confirmed on the CTCT Facebook that it will be applicable this year too.

So if you’ve done 10 or more you can enter tomorrow too.

Seems it is now 9 or more

As a loyal supporter of the Cape Town Cycle Tour,  we would like to offer you the unique opportunity to enter and pay for a 2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry before we open entries to the general public.

This is a limited offer only available to riders who have completed 9 or more Cape Town Cycle Tours and will be valid from 1pm on Tuesday, 8 October until Sunday, 20 October 2019 at 4pm. Thereafter, this opportunity will expire. This offer is also not transferable.

All entries done after 20 October, will have to be done through the General Entries Tier which opens on Monday, 21 October 2019.

Entry fees for 2020:

Paid-up PPA member – R470

Non PPA member – R550

Seems it is now 9 or more

As a loyal supporter of the Cape Town Cycle Tour, we would like to offer you the unique opportunity to enter and pay for a 2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour entry before we open entries to the general public.

This is a limited offer only available to riders who have completed 9 or more Cape Town Cycle Tours and will be valid from 1pm on Tuesday, 8 October until Sunday, 20 October 2019 at 4pm. Thereafter, this opportunity will expire. This offer is also not transferable.

All entries done after 20 October, will have to be done through the General Entries Tier which opens on Monday, 21 October 2019.

Entry fees for 2020:

Paid-up PPA member – R470

Non PPA member – R550

Lol, got the same mail.seems the bar has dropped...."paid up" members seems to be in on this exclusive offer ????