Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

omg you are right LOL LOL LOL 

i have used my SAF passport as i was so eager to enter, and as all good south africans the old ID number roles off the tongue. 

so its my own fault that i am starting with the fancy dress brigade

oh well lads, please dont drink all the beer

Forries is only about 10 km into the race...... :whistling:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard of a few people who had success in moving up groups when pleading their case at registration (have never heard of someone successfully arguing their case by email). If you have a few results from races you have done as evidence that will help.

I got reseeded by quoting some non official events using email

So it has been a few years since I have ridden in a group with majority singles. I have been looking at a few times and names from 2A last year and they still very decent riders.

I am not interested in chasing a time this year but my goal will be the same as last year, to get myself and my Toppie over the line safely to complete tours number 29 and 31.

My question is, what is the racing like? I am used to Vets and Racing tandems where at times we can be bleeding through the eyeballs and 10 seconds later it's completely gas off awaiting the next attack.

Do groups like 2A ride a nice hard consistent pace or do the guys attack and play games?

Just a heads up to 2A, watch out for the bright orange tandem and if you help us up the hills properly, you will be PROPERLY rewarded on the fast sections. Help us up Edinburgh drive and down onto the blue route all the way to the turn off you can slip wheel at high speed. Help us up smits and you will get a lekker tow over the climb. You get the idea.

My dad's completing number 30 this year. I'm starting with him in 2B & sure he would happily get in on this deal if you drop back or we end up catching you by Edinburgh :)

My dad's completing number 30 this year. I'm starting with him in 2B & sure he would happily get in on this deal if you drop back or we end up catching you by Edinburgh :)

We certainly won't drop back. I see the 1 min gaps stop between 2A and 2B. But if you guys do catch us, say hi!!!!! Keen to speak to other riders that have done this race a few times.

I'm riding the CTCT for the first time this year, riding with friends. Super exciting! I only really have MTB experience, so I'm a bit worried about being on the road on a road bike with so many people. The road bike always feels like it's trying to bite me compared to my MTB. It looks like my seeding was based on a single event in Yzerfontein last year. Somehow that got me into the 4J / 08:16 group start time.

Hey all

Does anyone know if there is a possibility of doing a double lap. I remember previously if you started early enough you could do another entry. 

If not, is there still the strict ruling of if they catch you doing a double lap, you'll get barred for 5 years or something like that?

Hey all

Does anyone know if there is a possibility of doing a double lap. I remember previously if you started early enough you could do another entry. 

If not, is there still the strict ruling of if they catch you doing a double lap, you'll get barred for 5 years or something like that?

Last year we received the mails only on 1st of March, so we'll see I guess.

We certainly won't drop back. I see the 1 min gaps stop between 2A and 2B. But if you guys do catch us, say hi!!!!! Keen to speak to other riders that have done this race a few times.

Yeah, when was the last time you two started so late anyways?

Yeah, when was the last time you two started so late anyways?

Been in # since 2013. In 2012 I rode single and was seeded in G. 2011-single-F. 2010-single-E, 2009-single-D. The rest pretty much hover there about but D was the earliest. 

Wonder if there's any chance of them using this weekend's Tour De PPA for seeding. I called CTCT yesterday to enter on a substitution and the lady said it'd only count for next year's CTCT (by which time it'll be so heavily penalised it won't even help) and that they won't do another seeding run after Tour De PPA. I'm hoping she's just assuming that, does anybody know any different?