Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

My road seeding always off my MTB rides. Usually K2C but currently I am E seeded thanks to "STBB4GOOD MTB Challenge (60km), beta 1.33, index 31.53." 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the question was what seeding result is for CTCT .  Ctct beta is 1 so not used.  

Yeah got that, just wanted to confirm the accuracy by using other results, but thanks for the more straight forward explanation, haven't been bothered to actually calculate it before

the question was what seeding result is for CTCT .  Ctct beta is 1 so not used.

Sorry Karman, I don't follow the bit in bold. Can you explain a little? I believe the CTCT result is always used for seeding if it provides the best index.

Sorry Karman, I don't follow the bit in bold. Can you explain a little? I believe the CTCT result is always used for seeding if it provides the best index.

In the calculation of the seeding, CTCT is used as the base event and it's Beta is more often than not 1, when used in the formula, a value of 1 has no influence on the seeding value, hence why it is seen to not actually be used

In the calculation of the seeding, CTCT is used as the base event and it's Beta is more often than not 1, when used in the formula, a value of 1 has no influence on the seeding value, hence why it is seen to not actually be used

Beta only adjusts the seeding, the formula still outputs a seeding.

It will most definitely be used.

Thats how I understand it.

Hence I'd like to learn more if its not the case

Thats how I understand it.

Hence I'd like to learn more if its not the case

CTCT beta is always 1 as its the base event .  So if you really want to apply the beta of 1 to the formula,  take the seeding result calculation above and divide it by 1

so for above example, your CTCT 2020 Seeding will then be  25/1 => 25 .

Edited by Karman de Lange

Agreed, but in the instance of the CTCT seeding results, using the Beta of 1 or not using the Beta of 1 still gives the same result, as any number divided by 1 is the same number

So... no massive out break of Corona from the Cycle Tour, looks like go ahead was the right decision.

Monday is 4 days away, if we continue at our current trend, we could very likely sit at around 600 cases by then.

Don't know what figure people will be happy with to say we made the right decision to go ahead with it.

Monday is 4 days away, if we continue at our current trend, we could very likely sit at around 600 cases by then.

Don't know what figure people will be happy with to say we made the right decision to go ahead with it.

Seeing as we dont have a bigger outbreak compared to the rest of the country I dont think it made a difference. If we had more than Gauteng then you could possibly maybe say it was due to the cycle tour.

Seeing as we dont have a bigger outbreak compared to the rest of the country I dont think it made a difference. If we had more than Gauteng then you could possibly maybe say it was due to the cycle tour.

Not so sure about that, you'd then be suggesting that Gauteng has as many foreign tourists as CT.

Not so sure about that, you'd then be suggesting that Gauteng has as many foreign tourists as CT.

Would have seen a spike in local transmissions in CPT vs Gauteng.

Would have seen a spike in local transmissions in CPT vs Gauteng.

Stop trying to bring logic into a perfectly good attempt to have a little "our city is better than your city" fun ;-)

But agreed, local transmission would definitely spike.

Edited by NC_lurker

Hi Nutty,

A water bottle came out and I think you hit it, which put you into Cameron. You hit the ground very hard, he was in shock as you were not moving or awake. He stayed till medical arrived.

I hope you heal fast bud.