Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Remember when there was such a huge demand for the cycle tour that they implemented the "Lotto" system?!

Now you can enter just 1 week before the event.

Times have changed hey and it's not so cheap to travel from up country. Saw someone post on facebook that they should lower the entry fees, that will help demand. In reality, for non WCers, that cost barely registers on the total budget. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Times have changed hey and it's not so cheap to travel from up country. Saw someone post on facebook that they should lower the entry fees, that will help demand. In reality, for non WCers, that cost barely registers on the total budget. 

Yeah the entry is basically the cheapest item on my list. In fact, compared to other races, the entry is on par. So I don't feel it is too much*.

*Compared to other races of similar distance.

Yeah the entry is basically the cheapest item on my list. In fact, compared to other races, the entry is on par. So I don't feel it is too much*.

*Compared to other races of similar distance.

Yeah, like Amashova is R515 if you don't get early bird. Tour Durban is 450. Not sure what 94.7(or whatever the hell they are calling it now) costs, but I'm guessing same same?

Better than paying R600 to run 56km

Yeah, like Amashova is R515 if you don't get early bird. Tour Durban is 450. Not sure what 94.7(or whatever the hell they are calling it now) costs, but I'm guessing same same?

Better than paying R600 to run 56km

The latter is much better value for money... it takes a way above average runner to manage that in even under 5 hours!  :whistling:

Edited by SeaBee

The latter is much better value for money... it takes a way above average runner to manage that in even under 5 hours!  :whistling:

True, just not sure if the jump from R500 to R600 is worth it though, but I suppose self sponsorship comes at a cost

Bump.

Are there really only 38 hubbers doing the race? Or only 38 frequenting this thread? Or only 38 willing to put their names on the list?

Okes are hiding it seems, the last two tabs are rather empty. We don't judge here. . .  :ph34r:

Just a heads up to all you other mamils for CTCT day - I did my fastest ever time (109 strava efforts) up the Suikerbossie south side segment this morning and now hold the 4788th position.

As the kid from shebeens video said - keep on going up the hill

12284th in my 4 efforts but I plan to drop into the 11000ths in 2 weeks

be afraid

12284th in my 4 efforts but I plan to drop into the 11000ths in 2 weeks

be afraid

What is the segment called? I want to see how far down the list I am.

OK, so let's get down to some important business....

Hubber identification. Blue cable ties? Bikehub socks? This been discussed before on this thread?

You will observe these hanging from my saddlebag...

post-36036-0-99551000-1582632257.jpg

Crikey, I'm slow up there. Hanging around the 7600'th position. :blush:

I broke the scroll wheel on my mouse scrolling so far down to find me.

my excuse though is that STRAVA only has 3 entries in for me riding that segment  :whistling: