Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

I have done a few chaperoning rides with family members/friends.

One was with a nephew who thought playing first team waterpolo at school meant he was fit enough.

There was no braaing, partying, drinking, parking off along the way, just a long hard slog. We did 6:27:32 finishing 29466/31225 and it was much, much harder than the previous 3:05:08 one.

How did that work out for him. . .  

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought these were slow. 1991 I was 6, on a tandem of course. Luckily the times and frequency of racing improved a bit from here until 2 years ago then it goes back to something like these.......

post-58906-0-40635200-1582710161_thumb.pngpost-58906-0-00424500-1582710168_thumb.png

wonder how this oke ended up in 1B..poor oke probably got spat out the back before the underpass

attachicon.gifargus sneak.png

My guess mistaken identities at registration, I see he shares a name with a few others, specifically one who is quite fast.

If you dig a little you will see more than a few seeding anomalies. Had friends who managed to sneak into earlier groups and their results stood. Once saw a guy who got an A bunch seeding based on some weird beta on a 10km mtb funride. Also know of a few instances where people talked themselves into better starting groups because they knew the right people at racetec/cycle tour trust (not exactly 1B though, still mid-bunch).

how do you group them together like that on Racetec ?

In those days there was nothing like chips and racetec so when I got a chip and registered my profile I asked about prior races and they said they could only load all my Argus results and I was happy with that. So up till then all I have is those results and then after that it is packed with everything else.

In those days there was nothing like chips and racetec so when I got a chip and registered my profile I asked about prior races and they said they could only load all my Argus results and I was happy with that. So up till then all I have is those results and then after that it is packed with everything else.

makes sense.

I thought I was missing something

for us out of towners, where exactly is this stretch ?

PAST CAPE POINT NATURE RESERVE ENTRANCE.

AVENUE OF TREES IS ABOUT 1KM DOWN.

THERE IS DRAINAGE UNDER THE ROAD, MARKED WITH THE LOW WHITE BRICK WALLS.

THIS SPOT IS AS YOU PASS ONE OF THOSE BRICK WALLS. AS SHOWN IN THE PICTURE ON THE LEFT, 2 BAD SPOTS.

Video Loaded to INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2934823669871225&id=100000308621274

Edited by F.R.A.I.L. -K

And the roadworks at Ocean View / Noordhoek area? 

I'm more concerned about the turn from the main road onto Noordhoek road. Half that road is currently 5cm shallower than the other with a hefty lip and only 1 lane in/out.

That's a big bottle neck on a sharp left hander.... I will go for a surf later and tomorrow so will provide some feed back as to whether they have/should have fixed it by next weekend.....

I'm more concerned about the turn from the main road onto Noordhoek road. Half that road is currently 5cm shallower than the other with a hefty lip and only 1 lane in/out.

That's a big bottle neck on a sharp left hander.... I will go for a surf later and tomorrow so will provide some feed back as to whether they have/should have fixed it by next weekend.....

Thanks 

Will check it out on Sunday when doing my refresher / recce ride.

Tough life............