Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

So pretty much every politician in South Africa then?!  :eek:

Yes, it works like this: Camera ON - Mouth OPEN - out comes SHITT in 10 colours ! Pretty simple 

Edited by DJR

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it works like this: Camera ON - Mouth OPEN - out comes SHITT in 10 colours ! Pretty simple 

But then people see it and agree with it and convince other people that the poop is actually rainbows and jelly tots....

But then people see it and agree with it and convince other people that the poop is actually rainbows and jelly tots....

I agree that's how hysteria and propaganda works.

In that blokes case his community does have its challenges with the CoCT and therefore attacking the CoCT in a public manner works for his cause. Whether it gains traction is another story.

hence I think its not a great idea for the CoCT to be the headline sponsor of the event. It will always attract the disgruntled (justified or unjustified)

In this case I fail to understand how an event that has stood for equality since its inception should be targeted as a demonstrator for inequality.

Skewed economic opportunity and distribution of wealth is not caused by the Cycle Tour nor is it a vehicle to showcase that inequality.

Hence I think that protester is WRONG!

If old David starts in group 2E due to a mess with his start time, and cycles the course in 2 hours 10 minutes thus faster than the so called pro's does he win the race? 

This happened at the weekends MTB Challenge 30km route and I wondered the same thing. Guy from Batch D had the fastest time(did not cross the line first)..on the photos it's not him on the top step of the podium. Seems fair if you think about it. Guys in Batch A races each other and attacks according to the opponents they see around them. If he started in A and they saw him attacking like he did, they'd probably pull him back and results might have been different. But...if he started in D and overtook all the riders in A batch to finish with the fasted time and over the line first, I'm pretty sure he wins the race then. Then that "have to start in A to win" thing would be silly to apply. Highly unlikely scenario though. "First over the line wins" probably applies and that seems fair.

I think it might have been fairly common for the fastest ladies time to be out of the alphabet soup groups and not one of the racing ladies. Can be expected when the leading ladies have a "tactical" race while the ladies in the alphabet soup groups are drafting men going for the fastest possible time.

Yip. Happened to a colleague of mine who started in C at 94.7 a few years ago.

It was comical how she traded on the fact. Once, when meeting a new guy she snuck that fact in even before he could tell her that he had gone to Bishops.....

Yip. Happened to a colleague of mine who started in C at 94.7 a few years ago.

It was comical how she traded on the fact. Once, when meeting a new guy she snuck that fact in even before he could tell her that he had gone to Bishops.....

ROTFLMAO

..............Once, when meeting a new guy she snuck that fact in even before he could tell her that he had gone to Bishops.....

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

I agree that's how hysteria and propaganda works.

In that blokes case his community does have its challenges with the CoCT and therefore attacking the CoCT in a public manner works for his cause. Whether it gains traction is another story.

hence I think its not a great idea for the CoCT to be the headline sponsor of the event. It will always attract the disgruntled (justified or unjustified)

In this case I fail to understand how an event that has stood for equality since its inception should be targeted as a demonstrator for inequality.

Skewed economic opportunity and distribution of wealth is not caused by the Cycle Tour nor is it a vehicle to showcase that inequality.

Hence I think that protester is WRONG!

wow who knew there would be so many millionaires in one place? 

Li'l Darren started with Elite, from memory, but was a surprise inclusion in Doug Ryder's race-winning move, being all young and unknown and stuff. Legend has it Doug offered him a contract at the finish...

In the old days, the recumbents or tandems that were fastest would get the overall win, there was a trophy for the first 'registered rider' too. That changed when the Giro started becoming a thing, again from memory. 

In 1982, Mark Pinder won overall, when B (the first non-registered group) caught the pros for five minutes at Millers Point in a mad southeaster. Only Ertjies worked out what this meant, and attacked on Smits, gaining four minutes by the finish, but not the full five he would have needed to win. Pinder finished with the rest of A, to win outright, with Lloyd Wright second (riding a normal bike from B, not a recumbent). 

In 1984 - a similar outcome happened with the fastest conventional bicycle coming from the non registered cat beating the pro's at that time on time. The rider used a 56 front chainring - then only a 12 at the back and was over 40 years of age! It's seems like the pro Peloton in 2020 are finally thinking using a larger than 53 front blade for bunch races is possible a good idea.

weather radar says only from around 11 onwards.

by that time most of thehub will be finished their second lap if you believe everything you read.

for us later starters....best ride faster i suppose...

by that time most of thehub will be finished their second lap if you believe everything you read.

Hehe. I'm starting literally in the last group before the motorbikes.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Hehe. I'm starting literally in the last group before the motorbikes.

yeah but weather radar says max 28kph with gusts to 35kph, thats a light breeze for cape town.

And for you anything less than 30kph wont even cool you down let alone slow you down. :)

lol maybe even contemplating a third due to nice weather