Cape Epic or Bikepacking in Europe?

Mark62

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha sadly I'm not really sure what a Bishops is. Toffee school would be my guess ;-)

Gay club in rondebosch would be my guess

Hahaha... this thread is absolute GOLD!

I don't think Cape Epic shares have ever been this low on the hub.

To answer the OP... you do both. You can't compare them and they both offer up completely different aspects

My best days on a bike... joBerg2c is damn special, 9 days I will never forget, but probably my absolute best days on a bike were at Cycle Mashatu - three days in Natures backyard, sleeping under the stars, eating lekker food, riding through game and not a race snake in sight.

Don't kid yourself for a moment

https://www.iol.co.za/ios/news/meet-the-first-south-african-to-finish-worlds-toughest-mountain-bike-race-31909962

I wonder if Mr Nevermore will be asking if anyone on the Hub has done this.

It cannot possibly be harder than an epic Epic. :ph34r:

Sounds like Guy would have had an easier time of it with a better mechanic!

Long races are tough but I find ~100km 1day races the toughest. It sounds crazy but the Crater Cruise is the worst I've ever felt after a bike race. Every single one I've done I've finished in shreds begging for my mommy.

24 hour racing is not far behind but that's more water torture style pain than out and out burning lungs and searing legs style pain.

Guys the epic is a huge deal an all. We get that. But can we please delay the matchy matchy kit till maybe January?

You look like a right twerp in matchy kit on Camps Bay drive. Really.

Guys the epic is a huge deal an all. We get that. But can we please delay the matchy matchy kit till maybe January?

I thought there was a real worry here until you said Camps Bay....

:D  :D

https://www.iol.co.za/ios/news/meet-the-first-south-african-to-finish-worlds-toughest-mountain-bike-race-31909962

I wonder if Mr Nevermore will be asking if anyone on the Hub has done this. 

It cannot possibly be harder than an epic Epic. :ph34r:

Guy must be the Muishond! :ph34r:

Just kidding - it is a great read and just plain bonkers what he has done - sure make my little adventures look like a boy scout walk in a parking lot. :blush:

Edited by DJR

Well I did follow it up by telling you I didn't go to Bishops....

Well, I was a a funeral last month and at the grave when the dominee asked if anyone wanted to say a few words, one chap stepped forward and announced that he had gone to Bishops

Jumping Buck!!!

Cant comment or ask as I have not done the event. But Kudu’s to this guy, incredible achievement! Respect