The Munga 2019

Ramrod

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bliksem it must be hot out there. I just ventured outside and am thinking my 8km commute home just now is going to be rough. These guys and girls are champions.

Was it Vettes who said that half way is at Sutherland ?

Possibly. Having done the race, he would be able to tell us where the "real" half way is. Not just the distance based half way. How far from Sutherland are they now?

Hanno (Johannes) Smit just sent this pic on our whatsapp group. He just had a nice rest in Britstown and on his way now again..lying just outside the Top10 at the moment.

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2019-11-28 at 12.29.47.jpeg

Holy Crap. Huge respect for these guys. 45 degrees is obscene to ride to the shops and back. Couldn't imagine anything more than about 500 meters being doable for a mere mortal. 

The Cut Dot has now arrived at Vanderkloof. Five guys still sleeping there that's about to be overtaken by the Cut Dot.

The rules state you are not allowed to have anything like a kite etc to help you move....but what about an umbrella ( for sunburn purposes of course) that just happens to also catch some wind?

The ambiguities in the rules are where the loopholes reside????

~46*

FML

Edited by morneS555

"Early bird" entry was R18K, after that it went up to R22K. Not sure until what date the early bird entry fee was applicable. 

Sjoe... I could enter the 4 main 100 miler running races in SA and have change for that.

It's less enticing knowing that I could have 4 radically different adventures in the wild for the same price....

But enough about race entry prices. That is my own personal dialogue whinge and justification.

Guys pulling out because they can't win is somewhat beyond my comprehension. I have much respect for the top athletes who keep pushing through and finish with the plebs when their race plan goes south.

The Cut Dot has now arrived at Vanderkloof. Five guys still sleeping there that's about to be overtaken by the Cut Dot.

I see those 5 and then one more that hasn't moved for 3 hours(so he is probably still ahead). When do they tell the riders behind that they scratched? Can't someone wake them up and tune them to get going to get ahead of it?

Jo in that heat night riding is the only option,,for the back half of the field night riding is now a must.

Do you miss it? Do you wish you were out there again? or was it bucket list and never again? I am sure the memories are riding through your head all day.