Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaag poef... Feel sorry for the oke.

Well, please don't raise this reinfection on the Coronavirus thread... people will want epidemiological studies and peer reviewed papers before this is acknowledged as a reinfectionn ;)

Aaag poef... Feel sorry for the oke.

Well, please don't raise this reinfection on the Coronavirus thread... people will want epidemiological studies and peer reviewed papers before this is acknowledged as a reinfectionn ;)

Don't forget the sick note sind by the team doctor. ;)

I'll be glued to the TV today..............this was my Parents home region and the Giro goes within a few hundred meters of their places........

Ben O'Conner NTT going for the win!! 14km to go...

almost, that last kick to the line was a nasty one... pity, you can see the team is looking for results. Its a massive scramble, can't be good vibes when you know your career might just end in 2020.

almost, that last kick to the line was a nasty one... pity, you can see the team is looking for results. Its a massive scramble, can't be good vibes when you know your career might just end in 2020.

Tratnik was clever. Did very little work once caught. Ben closed the gap super quickly on the climb - perhaps an immediate attack once he caught Tratnik would have beeen a better tactic? 20/20 Hindsight and all that.

After the Vuelta, there's 4 months of so of the off-season break after a humongous binge diet of racing. What an extraordinary few months it has been and the World Tour Season is not done yet, hey.

Almeida's burst onto the scene into the maglia rosa, Tadej's maillot jaune and the phenomenal racer that is Bernal has shaken up the conventional nature of Grand Tour racing. Nibali admitted in a recent interview that the younger racers are explosive in ways that cannot be matched by the older GC favourites. Is this the new modern way or is it just an anomaly of the strange and unusual training & preparation plans of 2020? Time will tell. 

Alaphilippe's time in the rainbow jersey thus far is dramatic, bliksem. The rise of strength in Slovenian cycling was underlined yesterday with Tratnik's incredible stage win. Gavira test positive for Covid19 for the 2nd time. Bouhanni also tests positive and missed 'De Panne. Both Jumbo' and Michelton' have left this Grand Tour due to infections and the risk of endangering the race. Froome had enough time to prepare after his unfortunate crash and it appears to be the end of a very special career even though there are hopes held by ISN to build a formidable team around him. Majka signs with UAE to add to the climbing strength around Tadej. It seems that after the Sky dominance, other powerhouses are rising within Jumbo and UAE. The future of the 'African team in Assos' remains bleak.

These are remarkable times in the sport.

Can Almeida hang on? Will his stunning efforts to gain seconds cost him in the end? It's gonna be an exciting week 3.

Pic credit: Getty Images

post-12015-0-97554900-1603267881_thumb.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

[emoji106] for Stelvio tomorrow, the pass is clear [emoji173]

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant

Was just wondering, hoping, dreaming @Gen

Oh, it's gonna look beautiful

They climbed just over 4000 metres yesterday, today 5600 metres and tomorrow 5400 metres

Yoh, that'll warm me up, hey  :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke:

1167b7997e0995989e2ea511ce3c4f135437c97f

Edited by 'Dale

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant

Was wondering, hoping, dreaming

Oh, it's gonna look beautiful

They climbed just over 4000 metres yesterday, today 5600 metres and tomorrow 5400

Yoh, that'll warm me up, hey :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

Warm me up and cause me to self combust