The toolbox thread

100Tours

Disclaimer the Metabo socket set is about half the size I was expecting but still very chuffed with it

Was delivered 19hrs after I placed the order which is also damn impressive

Thanks gummi

Oh yeah it’s nice and small so gets in to tight spaces like cages quite easily.Good thing is that you don’t have much leverage so harder to strip bolts or crack carbon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disclaimer the Metabo socket set is about half the size I was expecting but still very chuffed with it

Thanks gummi

Hahahaha, sjoe so I was not the only one, yes it's tiny, but still well made. They are sold out and should get more tomorrow or Friday.

Shot Gummi

I'll be ordering myself a set tonight

Half the people reading this thread now want that set.... including me!

Think they need a BikeHub discount

price has just drop to R374

could not resist, I ordered a set

Dammit! I have fomo now! I can't find these locally in NZ (Metabo isn't very big here. Mostly Makita, Milwaukee and Hikoki/Hitachi)

Really good price for a little socket set!

Thanks gummi

This little set would go nicely in my Kriega Tool Roll. I have a small 1/4" socket set in there, but it gets borrowed from my larger Bahco set, each time I pack for an adventure. It's only a matter of time before I start losing pieces of it :lol:

A dedicated set would be ideal!

274d61184c9001063af03c988aecf1ad.jpg

(not mine, but the idea behind the Kriega tool roll

kriega_tool_roll_750x750.jpg

Edited by patches

Damn! I found the Metabo mini socket set in Hobbit-land. Sold out AND over NZD100.

That 71pc bit set is NZD165 here.

Ouch!

Damn! I found the Metabo mini socket set in Hobbit-land. Sold out AND over NZD100.

That 71pc bit set is NZD165 here.

Ouch!

Wowzers!

I have a tool wall for the "general tools".

But as this bike thing grew, so did my collection of tools .... the extra shelf ran out of space quickly, and it was logistically not right .... yada yada ... excuses ....

So off to our local tools anonymous meeting at Adendorfs to buy a 7-tier tool trolley ....

drawer 1 - basic cycling tools

attachicon.gif12.jpg

drawer 2 - all the extra bits, and various torque wrenches (the two bigger ones are with the general tools)

attachicon.gif10.jpg

I quickly got frustrated with the placement of the lubes and cleaners ... too far away, or in the way .... so a tray was added

attachicon.gif13.jpg

I feel useless just looking at that organised setup

My workshop has way to many jobs going on at once to look clean at all. Takes a special kind of dedication to keep them as clean as you guys...

Just the sawdust from the boat build is a nightmare, nevermind leaking motorbikes, and the chaos that a home renovation brings...

It is so bad I set up a 2nd toolbox inside the pain cave to do bicycle work.

This is me - I even started trying to reorganize yesterday and went back to my bike cave where everything is tidy and organized (sort of)

Only learnt this yesterday! Been using one for years!! Life changing when you use it right.

First time I see this, awesome, definitely will be getting at least 2 different lengths!

Dammit! I have fomo now! I can't find these locally in NZ (Metabo isn't very big here. Mostly Makita, Milwaukee and Hikoki/Hitachi)

Really good price for a little socket set!

This little set would go nicely in my Kriega Tool Roll. I have a small 1/4" socket set in there, but it gets borrowed from my larger Bahco set, each time I pack for an adventure. It's only a matter of time before I start losing pieces of it :lol:

A dedicated set would be ideal!

274d61184c9001063af03c988aecf1ad.jpg

(not mine, but the idea behind the Kriega tool roll

kriega_tool_roll_750x750.jpg

They also do a well priced tool roll version.

Only learnt this yesterday! Been using one for years!! Life changing when you use it right.

I have to get one now. Have bit extensions, but i dont think any of them have the sleeve.

also browsing specials etc. for an impact driver. After i watched his video on impact drivers vs normal drivers I'm itching to get one. But the ones I'm seeing are a bit pricey for me right now.