[Event] Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour 2020

Ninetyniner Durbanville

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is just. Yawn , absolutely boring race today... but still better than not riding my bike.

If you attacked with 5 kms to go

Hoping for some breakaway company

You would’ve not been bored but excited

If you attacked with 5 kms to go

Hoping for some breakaway company

You would’ve not been bored but excited

haha.  Probably true,  but that would have  sounded  like I wanted to actually do some work

Edited by Karman de Lange

Perfect conditions. Legs getting there slowly. I can only get racing fit with racing. Maybe too lazy in training ????

And the others? Rode out a bit on Adderley and weather was getting hot and felt for the guys out for long. Hope it was ok?

Was a great ride. Ended up starting in T. Basically did a TT for just under 3 hours. Got some help from a E-Bike after Vissershok (That e-bike goes btw). Eventually got dropped by the e-bike after 20mins hanging on. Picked up a P, S and L guy later on. We 4 then worked together till almost at the end when they could not hang on anymore. Was good fun. Shoutout to the P, S and L guys for the help! 

Edited by EJC

It was getting very warm for us slow-pokes

And the others? Rode out a bit on Adderley and weather was getting hot and felt for the guys out for long. Hope it was ok?

Hi all

I did the 99er in 4h01mins yesterday and it was a really good ride but after 80km my legs was cramping and pulled stiff. This slowed me down alot. I even walked the last climb to the finish. What training can I do for CTCT so this doesn't happen again. I want a better time and want to feel better after 80km.

Some advice please.

Hi all

I did the 99er in 4h01mins yesterday and it was a really good ride but after 80km my legs was cramping and pulled stiff. This slowed me down alot. I even walked the last climb to the finish. What training can I do for CTCT so this doesn't happen again. I want a better time and want to feel better after 80km.

Some advice please.

Eat and drink more and do this regularly. I ride with droewors in my jersey pocket and have a 5cm piece every 30min on the bike. I'll have a Gu few minutes before a climb and with 20km to go in the race. I make sure a few days before a race I'm well hydrated, and on the morning of the race I have a bottle of water with rehydrate(or whatever puts electrolytes back in your system) on my way to the race. During the race I go through a 750mm bottle every hour and a half.

As far as training goes, just ride as much as you can and want to. I think your problem is more of nutrition and not fitness. It was a hot day and you probably cramped up because of dehydration.

Edited by JohanDiv

Hi all

Some advice please.

Always have Rennies on hand and as soon as you feel the tingle of cramps starting chow 2 of them, works for most people, it is a short term solution but could at least help you over your next climb and maybe even further