[Event] Paarl Cycle Tour

Paarl Rotary

Will it be fine to do the whole registration thing in the morning before the race - don't really feel like driving to CWC tomorrow?

Answering my own question with an email from Racetec forwarded by a friend:

Yes, you will be able to collect your race number for the Paarl Cycle Tour on the day of the event. Registration/ number collection will be from 05:00am. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still don't see anything up on Racetec about seeding this morning - anyone have any news on this? 

Driving through from CT so would like to plan departure times ASAP!

Still don't see anything up on Racetec about seeding this morning - anyone have any news on this? 

Ditto, also still waiting for some kind of communications. I'm collecting entries for others and planning on driving through with other ppl if the times make sense.

Answering my own question with an email from Racetec forwarded by a friend:

Yes, you will be able to collect your race number for the Paarl Cycle Tour on the day of the event. Registration/ number collection will be from 05:00am. 

Hopefully I'm completely wrong here, but given my past experience with PPA related cycle events, the fact that this one is sold out, only one access road to the venue which also doubles as the starting point for the race - I would not be in the least surprised if there are big traffic jams getting into the venue.

So make sure you leave home very early the morning, especially if you still have to register on the day.

Edited by Skubarra

the same my side, and too think entries was sold out on Monday already therefore seeding could of been sent out long time ago already.

Hopefully I'm completely wrong here, but given my past experience with PPA related cycle events, the fact that this one is sold out, only one access road to the venue which also doubles as the starting point for the race - I would not be in the least surprised if there are big traffic jams getting into the venue.

So make sure you leave home very early the morning, especially if you still have to register on the day.

yeah dont know venue and area but reading this, I'd look for nearest alternative suitable parking and cycle to start.

Will probably be less stressful to park in Paarl and do a short warm-up ride to the venue.

I'm gonna park @ Paarl Mall and cycle in. Only a short ride from the finish to the mall. No traffic stress to get home again.

Edited by Wannabe

Some mates who last did a Racetec timed race 2-3 years ago still waiting for the seeding email. The other one in OL, race number 1600. Makes me wonder how many entries were available. Must be at least 3000 if you also count the medium and short route guys.

Anyone starting at 6am because AL start group starts at 6:05, just trying to establish if their is another group ahead of us like Tandems or Elites or have they shifted the start time back to accommodate sunrise? 

Anyone starting at 6am because AL start group starts at 6:05, just trying to establish if their is another group ahead of us like Tandems or Elites or have they shifted the start time back to accommodate sunrise? 

Good observation, sunrise is at precisely 6:05am tomorrow  :D

Visibility should be totally fine at 6am flat though