Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

When looking at mtb frames I can't filter by size ( which is probably the most important thing regarding frames)

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When looking at mtb frames I can't filter by size ( which is probably the most important thing regarding frames)

Works after you have selected either the hard tail or dual suspension category.

Agreed, it's not ideal. We're on it though, a fix is in the pipeline.

i get random menus when i click my profile icon - one shows "chat" the other menu shows private messenger - its random click once you get menu 1 then click again sometimes menu 2 sometimes menu 1

i have sent a "chat" to a hubber enquiring about buying advertised items (chat is the default message option not personal messenger ??)

"chat" doesnt show if its been read (like the read at ..on personal messenger)so he has not replied and i dont know if he is just ignoring me or is also lost trying to read replies to his advert 

maybe a couple of tick marks that change colour .....

When I go to the Mountain Bikes section in the classifieds, there are two categories, namely Hardtail Mountain Bikes and Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes.

In the previous site version there were more categories, e.g. Singlespeed Bikes. Any chance we can get those other categories back? They seem to have gone AWOL.

i get random menus when i click my profile icon - one shows "chat" the other menu shows private messenger - its random click once you get menu 1 then click again sometimes menu 2 sometimes menu 1

i have sent a "chat" to a hubber enquiring about buying advertised items (chat is the default message option not personal messenger ??)

"chat" doesnt show if its been read (like the read at ..on personal messenger)so he has not replied and i dont know if he is just ignoring me or is also lost trying to read replies to his advert 

maybe a couple of tick marks that change colour .....

Whether Chat or PMs shows in the user drop down currently depends on which section of the website you are on. The Classifieds show Chat while the Forums are still on PM.

Unfortunately it is going to be a bit of split until we can get the other parts of the site off the ageing forum software (namely Events and Stolen Bikes). This requires a complete re-building of these features. Once that is complete, then we can update the forum software and link everything in a much more seamless way.

Chat will get improved over time, including read receipts.

Two points of feedback, not sure if they've been mentioned above ^:

1)  When browsing the classifieds, can you make the Bike Discipline show up from the first category you enter? Currently, it only appears when you go down to the lowest category level. I want to search for Road Bike in Components, not just when I got into > Drivetrain > Gears > chainrings.

2) The Image carousel in the Product display page always expands from the first image. If there are 20 images on a bike ad, and you're looking at the 10th image with a closeup of the derailleur, then when I click on the image to pop up the lightbox, then I want that particular image to pop up and expand to my screen.

I am a newby, only having joined in 2004.

In that time it seems I have made 5292 posts and I think bought and sold maybe 5 items. Maybe  5 sales and 5 purchases so I am active in the forums somewhere between 500 and 1000 times more often  than in the Classifieds.

How can I set (both on laptop and Android phone) my landing page to "Active Topics" rather than Marketplace?

Taking awhile to get used to the new site, but then again I've never been big on change! Do like the overall feel and UX, as it feels a bit more 'modernized'. But here's my 2c as well:

• are Hubbers still able to comment on adverts? I always felt this was a great way to receive feedback on price, advert quality, etc but haven't seen any way on the current adverts.
  • personally, and I realise you've stated that you're still tweaking with the homepage design, I would prefer the articles & news being placed at the top of the webpage and adverts below that as opposed to the current format.
  • on the mobile site especially it feels too heavily advert/market place orientated.
  • it's a bit more cumbersome to drill down to what you're searching for on the market place, but I like the overall UX and the ability to see user reviews below their adverts.
  • I've been having various issues when opening images from adverts (where the alignment is off or where only a portion of the image is actually showing).

Otherwise, great work all!

I am a newby, only having joined in 2004.

In that time it seems I have made 5292 posts and I think bought and sold maybe 5 items. Maybe  5 sales and 5 purchases so I am active in the forums somewhere between 500 and 1000 times more often  than in the Classifieds.

How can I set (both on laptop and Android phone) my landing page to "Active Topics" rather than Marketplace?

We're trying to help you find more time for riding. That's the social corporate responsibly answer anyway  :whistling: But your dedication is appreciated!

Will bookmarking the Active Topics page on your devices do the trick?

We're also toying with the idea of moving the Active Topics button from the bottom of the forums box on the Homepage to the top (next to the Discussion heading). That way it shouldn't hide below the fold on desktop (at least).

Preferred the old site much more... this one looks very bare on opening. Links don't open either... I hope you get it 100% up and going asap

not sure if it is a final or working version, would like to keep commenting on adverts...otherwise it is just a sexier gumtree.

also ratings coming back? bought something yesterday and want to give the guy 5*

Preferred the old site much more... this one looks very bare on opening. Links don't open either... I hope you get it 100% up and going asap

Which links are you having problems with?

Hey Guys, 

I did briefly go through what has been posted, but did not notice if it had been asked and addressed:

With the old classifieds, there was filtering by type of mountain bike, e.g. downhill, dirt jump single speed and so forth on both frames and complete bikes. I cant seem to find same type of filtering, only hardtail or full suspension. 

Am I being daft or has this gone? 

Otherwise the new look and feel is nice. 

Thanks in advance.