Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

some of the pics on the ads are cut in half for maybe 40% of the pics i`ve looked at not all, i like the new look easier finding what I`m looking for,,,,,with the exception of too many riders ride Med size 

Thanks for the feedback. We're working on the image display issue as we speak

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are seeing some issues with advert and image display in certain browsers which will not be helping your experience at present.

Can you share some detail on specific areas or features which aren't working for you?

Home page and log in page doesn't like the browser at work

Internet Explorer 11

Version 11.0.9600.19540

Update version 11.0.160

2013 Microsoft Corp.

Home page and log in page doesn't like the browser at work

Internet Explorer 11

Version 11.0.9600.19540

Update version 11.0.160

2013 Microsoft Corp.

IE 11 is unfortunately not currently supported. Microsoft themselves suggest users do not rely on IE as their main browser, but for the time being still support it for legacy/enterprise systems.

We are looking at solutions to offer IE support without compromising the performance and experience for those on more modern browsers.

In the interim, are you able to use another browser like MS Edge / Chrome / Firefox? 

IE 11 is unfortunately not currently supported. Microsoft themselves suggest users do not rely on IE as their main browser, but for the time being still support it for legacy/enterprise systems.

We are looking at solutions to offer IE support without compromising the performance and experience for those on more modern browsers.

In the interim, are you able to use another browser like MS Edge / Chrome / Firefox? 

We also have a steam driven version of Firefox (19.0.2) which allows me to log in at least but its not optimum. Unfortunately our IT dept know what is best for employees and only allow us to browse in the dark ages.

We also have a steam driven version of Firefox (19.0.2) which allows me to log in at least but its not optimum. Unfortunately our IT dept know what is best for employees and only allow us to browse in the dark ages.

We'll do our best to come up with a solution for this. 

Perhaps just my personal preference, but I think it'd be cool if the search section (BUY, SELL, CONNECT) was collapsible. It's not something I use often but takes big percentage of vertical real estate (I seldom have browser fully maximised)

I would normally browse just the entire MTB classifieds section with all its internal categories shown, looking for bargains for things I dont need  :whistling:

Now you need to decide what sub categorie to browse before deciding mtb or road ect.

I really miss that option, as far that I now just dont browse the classifieds anymore

Otherwise its all good for me

What was a nice feature on 'old' classifieds was being able to link to seller's other 'Active Ads'

It was neat. This should be working as per the 'old' site tomorrow.

I would normally browse just the entire MTB classifieds section with all its internal categories shown, looking for bargains for things I dont need  :whistling:

Now you need to decide what sub categorie to browse before deciding mtb or road ect.

I really miss that option, as far that I now just dont browse the classifieds anymore

We're investigating options to support filtering at higher category levels

I might be missing something, but it was nice being able to trawl a mountain bike only classifieds, so all things mountain bike - components, bits, pieces, frames, complete bikes. Now I don't see that choice. Would work the same way for all things road bike. I choose mountain bike or road bike in the classifieds I get complete bikes, no components...

We are seeing some issues with advert and image display in certain browsers which will not be helping your experience at present.

Can you share some detail on specific areas or features which aren't working for you?

Homepage and Classifieds are very confusing.

Not user friendly in my opinion.

I share the same view.

I also seldom view classifieds since new Layout :thumbdown:

dont know, i share some of the sentiments. To me the new layout/flow seems more tedious and less intuitive than the last. example: You basically added another step (or it feels like it) to getting where you want in the classifieds by having to click on the drop down menu "components" ...opening all the components available in the universe...before then having to enter a new discipline on the side bar to actually get where you want. With the old layout it was all achievable with from the dropdown/collapsible menu at the top. I think because the new layout forces you to move to a new spot on the page layout to do this instead of having it all close together makes it feel klunky. 

ignore me if it works differently by utilising the site in a different way but that basically proves my point about it being less intuitive imo. 

also...since wecant ad pictures to this thread i'll try and explain it.

the ribbon (brows categories) that is an exact copy of the sidebar just to the left in the classifieds pages is totally unnecessary imo. Either or will do it...I personally prefer the sidebar links....again - more intuitive. dont think you need both...it just clutters the page.

there is a reason windows 8 was a total fail lol...

Edited by morneS555

The 'Discussion' column (Latest Forum Posts in the previous version) is missing the 'Go to last reply' feature/button. Given, you can get to it once you enter the forums, but it would be nice to have it on the home page too.