Jewbacca, a BMX, the CTCT and the SPCA

Jewbacca

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a BMX for you ... but doubt the gear-ratio (and pedal size) will work for you. Maybe someone has a larger chainring and 1/2" axle flats laying around.

Regardless of whether you can use it, I'll donate it to the Tears Charity shop in Lakeside if you attempted the challenge.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/bmx-bikes/391911/bmx-haro-f2

post-20017-0-09073900-1582882652_thumb.jpeg

I'm doing it on a bmx too.. 4th time bmx entry. Borat kits not welcomed, those emails didnt go down well from higher management.

Fastest is 3hr 52min. Back next weekend for more pain.

Great to see guys pumping the pressure and charity vibe.. Good on all of you. See you on the road with a low seat and screaming quads!

I'm doing it on a bmx too.. 4th time bmx entry. Borat kits not welcomed, those emails didnt go down well from higher management.

Fastest is 3hr 52min. Back next weekend for more pain.

Great to see guys pumping the pressure and charity vibe.. Good on all of you. See you on the road with a low seat and screaming quads!

I'm guessing that's you Doug?

See you out there.... Or at the finish!

Good luck and enjoy!

I think I may have missed your start time and what batch you'll be in??

Also perhaps Sunday morning take a stroll out to Jubilee if you have located your bike by then as there is a "gathering" where Wondercrete are handing out Koesisters and whatever and perhaps we can share your plan and get a few more guys onboard??

I think I may have missed your start time and what batch you'll be in??

Also perhaps Sunday morning take a stroll out to Jubilee if you have located your bike by then as there is a "gathering" where Wondercrete are handing out Koesisters and whatever and perhaps we can share your plan and get a few more guys onboard??

Sup

I would love to but unfortunately Sunday is currently 'take your kid to work' day for me as the wife works weekends and the nanny doesn't do Sundays, while we are snowed in with graft.

Depending on bike availability etc it looks like this might be a train... a pain train!

28kph gets us home, just. Gear ratio is going to be key.....

Edited by Jewbacca

I have a bolt on 36 narrow wide somewhere if you need it. In Tokai. Don't know BCD but it is a Woolftooth.

Thanks Greg!

I will get in touch if I need anything... I was remembering our epic battle to win the SS prize at The old Gravel Travel race Wellington/Bainskloof the other day.

Good times!

"Gear ratio is going to be key" .....

44/16 all the man.

Anything easier and you will need cadence like Froome on Fast-forward.

Cant wait to hear your report back.

"Gear ratio is going to be key" .....

44/16 all the man.

Anything easier and you will need cadence like Froome on Fast-forward.

Cant wait to hear your report back.

ha!

I was going to start at 3:1 and work from there.

That was my go to gear on the 700c SS and lapped up the Argus route comfortably.

Well this started out as a lark and has turned into two worthwhile causes - bikehub entertainment and the SPCA

I think for ref on donations lets give credit where credit is due - Jewbaccas BMX

For those out there offering any manner of making this easier for him, please stop.  Buckled wheels, threaded cranks and a rusty BMX is the sort of thing he is looking for

I look forward to the photos and to a pleasant CTCT on a big boy bike with nice big wheels with loads of gears

@Jewbacca, this is an awesome and ludicrous challenge

I am going to give you another 9 minutes - The dogs and cats get 5k from me + 500 from @NC_lurker for a sub 4

I will drop the amount to 2500 for a 4 - 430, and regardless of your time, if you do the CTCT on a BMX, I will donate 1500 to the SPCA

anyone else is welcome to chip in to see Jewbacca bmx to glory

Right said Fred

If it’s for the SPCA or any animal charity , I’ll equal your offer

????