Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we allowed to ride a tandem during this crackdown period?

No. You can sleep in the same bed and you can **** but you can't be within 2m of each other outside.

You can also buy sushi but not pies

You can smoke weed but not cigarettes

You can make your own super dodgy beer but you can't buy any

You can walk on the promenade but not the beach

You can buy tupperware but not toys

Edited by Duane_Bosch

The Distandem. A bicycle built for two in these strange times. Following Covid guidelines on spacing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_nXIq0l2N0/

What is the deal with the Chainring just sitting there behind the front crank? Does it just stay there indefinitely? Kept in place by the tension in the chains and the meshing of the teeth into the chain?

Its code for  - we're about to go back to level 5 so you better get for shiz in order. Don't say we didn't warn you!

Your thinking is WAY too higher grade for the EFF.

Someone in the EFF High Command/War Room or whatever stupid name they've given themselves has a cousin who owns a gym equipment company.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

This morning trails were busy again. I passed and was passed by +/- 40 riders while out this morning. I counted 3 with masks/buffs on. Only about 6 or 7 of the riders were riding solo, most in groups of 2 (clearly not living together unless all cyclists have same sex partners) and groups of up to 6 riders.

People do not give 2 s**** about the rules.

[comic sans on]

You said trails, so it must be a MTB thing to have same sex partners

[comic sans off]

[comic sans on]

[comic sans off]

Funny, I got the feeling that all the roadies were on their mtbs for the morning...

I'm joking of course, I don't discriminate against anyone's orientation when it comes to two wheel pleasure.

[comic sans on]

[comic sans off]

They do enjoy getting all muddy together.....

A pretty random request by the EFF, but I would support it if they expanded this to bike shops

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/eff-calls-for-lockdown-regulations-to-allow-for-sale-of-gym-equipment-47557844

Honestly, in my opinion this should be pushed through, it will allow plenty to train and not be on the roads in the allowed time ad give more flexibility to training times for many. Technically trainers should fall under gym equipment. 

I know a few private gyms pulled fast ones and rented out certain equipment in the lead up to lock down. 

Your thinking is WAY too higher grade for the EFF.

Someone in the EFF High Command/War Room or whatever stupid name they've given themselves has a cousin who owns a gym equipment company.

Yeah I’m with Duane on this, I don’t think many in the EFF know what a gym looks like, and gyms are white privilege anyway.

Someone has an avenue to make a quick buck and EFF is pushing for it.

Yeah I’m with Duane on this, I don’t think many in the EFF know what a gym looks like, and gyms are white privilege anyway.

Someone has an avenue to make a quick buck and EFF is pushing for it.

"Hey Juju"

"Hey Bra"

"So, I got all this Gym Equipment sitting in storage at the docks, costing me a fortune in fees. If you can make the regulations change so I can ship these out to clients I'll make sure the EFF gets X% of the profits in donations by month end."

♪crick..crick♪

"Plus... I'll drop a [enter Smart Indoor Trainer name here] in the street in front of your house..."

Emergency EFF Press conference:"The People must have their Gym Equipment, this Right Wing Government just wants us all to become unfit so we can't Toi-Toi anymore. Power to the People!"

A pretty random request by the EFF, but I would support it if they expanded this to bike shops

https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/eff-calls-for-lockdown-regulations-to-allow-for-sale-of-gym-equipment-47557844

Never thought I would support an EFF request. This would be great though - lockdown has made me realise I don't need a gym subscription at all. A squat rack, olympic bar, some weights, kettlebells, and resistance bands gives me everything I need. I'm itching to buy some gym equipment...