Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

I love the irony here of people complaining that they can't operate and are losing money. So in protest, they won't keep the rules. Which is likely to extend the period of not being allowed to operate. Like being sour about the government is somehow gonna open your business doors back up faster.

Honestly, no one like the rules. No one likes to enforce them. No one likes the idea that we can choose and have to behave. But I don't like lockdown or its many forms more. So wearing a buff on a cold morning, sticking close to home, and all round just not behaving like an entitled box is what is gonna get us out of this earlier. Why you grown up adults with lives and families and jobs and businesses can't see that and continue to behave like children throwing a tantrum is beyond me.

Rebellion is cool and all. But you're cutting off your nose to spite your face cause Cyril won't mind keeping things nicely locked up.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't say that champion

^ another person that gets it right here.

without wanting to get into another wear vs dont wear argument (ps i wear my buff outside)....

'vigorously compelling' people to ware masks vs saying it is the 'law' are two very different things....and it is NOT currently the law.....it is just 'aggressively encouraged'

Edited by morneS555

oooooooooooooooooooooooh

so you mean Wearing a mask is legal but not compulsory

staying within your 5km radius is legal but not compulsory

When the law says something is required it means it is compulsory.

When the law says something is legal to do, it does not mean it is compulsory.

Eg:

It is required to wear a seatbelt while driving your car = compulsory.

It is legal to drink alcohol = not compulsory but allowed.

You seem to struggle with very basic concepts.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

legit question:

has anyone been to a bank recently? How are they dealing with the whole mask business since you aren't allowed to have any sort of face covering when entering a bank in normal circumstances due to security reasons

All these opinions begs for an interesting story - which @Swissvan will enjoy

I was travelling in Swiss in '95 with a local host showing me the country (driving the car).

We were out in the sticks and zebra-crossing jumps up in front of us, with a pedestrian wanting to cross.

He slam on the brakes, stops and let the person walks across.  Nothing special to him.

I thought WTF!!!!! :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing: There is no way that I would have stopped.  I bet very few Saffas would.

Why did he stop - simple, it's law.

We live in a world where every law/rule is a maybe...does it suit us, or doesn't it?

So this thread still has not answered my dilemma of phoning the cops about the home owner smuggling in labour to complete his refurb in our complex.

What sours this, is I am in construction related industry as well, and would love nothing more than get back into completing some projects, but alas.

As for riding outdoors, I have not done so. I almost went this morning, but I just cant get out of bed.

But Cape town sounds like a hectic place to ride. Bicycle ownership sounds like it is through the roof.

Maybe tomorrow, just to see what all the fuss is about.

Slippery slope ...

Emergency repairs may be done now...

Construction work to domestic residences only at Level 2 ...

All these opinions begs for an interesting story - which @Swissvan will enjoy

I was travelling in Swiss in '95 with a local host showing me the country (driving the car).

We were out in the sticks and zebra-crossing jumps up in front of us, with a pedestrian wanting to cross.

He slam on the brakes, stops and let the person walks across.  Nothing special to him.

I thought WTF!!!!! :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing: There is no way that I would have stopped.  I bet very few Saffas would.

Why did he stop - simple, it's law.

We live in a world where every law/rule is a maybe...does it suit us, or doesn't it?

Yep. Same as in the UK. It's now a learned behaviour of mine that I always let people across if there are some waiting. I generally drive pretty slowly where there are zebra crossings anyway, so it's not a loss at all and I help get someone somewhere a bit faster than if I hadn't stopped, based on how the average driver treats peds. 

Yep. Same as in the UK. It's now a learned behaviour of mine that I always let people across if there are some waiting. I generally drive pretty slowly where there are zebra crossings anyway, so it's not a loss at all and I help get someone somewhere a bit faster than if I hadn't stopped, based on how the average driver treats peds. 

Was again EU and UK last year - with me being the driver.

Drove all over the place, Germany Italy, Swiss, France, Lux, Belgium & UK.  Lekker road trip!!!!

I was a wreck, since I am so blaze about traffic rules in ZA.  To date, no fines haunting me!!!

Compliance can indeed be taught!!!  By having consequences!!!  Something (most) parents know!!

legit question:

has anyone been to a bank recently? How are they dealing with the whole mask business since you aren't allowed to have any sort of face covering when entering a bank in normal circumstances due to security reasons

You put a balaclava on, you go into the bank and you ask for money. It's really no big deal. Three or four days later the police will let you go home (but they keep the cash). 

So, 5km, 6-9, mask and all the debate around it, from '6-9 is not practical' to 'Bill Gates, 5G and the Shape Shifting Reptilians are taking our freedoms away'.. As far as Govt is concerned, and in the immortal words of Bricktop "If I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not".

As ever, there are 3 avenues open to us. Love it. Leave it. Change it.

Love it. Try and find a way to deal with it as it stands, even enjoy it.

Leave it. Just opt out. Whatever way works best for you, just leave the rest to either Love it or Change it.

Change it. If you really cant find a way to Love it, and you feel too strongly about it to Leave it, then Change it. Form a new political party, lobby your MP, start a petition, start a revolution. Whatever, just do something to materially change what it is that bothers you so much, that option 1 and 2 are untenable.

And citizens who do not understand why we don't need to have another virus killing people. But hey, who are scientists to argue with laymen.

4kit, I'm out, can't handle all these ppl with their inability to attempt to understand the reasons behind why.

They may as well be an antivaxxer or flat earther

You seem to be holding back. Just let er rip and tell everyone how you really feel. This is a safe space.

You put a balaclava on, you go into the bank and you ask for money. It's really no big deal. Three or four days later the police will let you go home (but they keep the cash). 

:clap:

If you think or anybody thinks that they are anonymous on this forum, they are very much mistaken.

I have yet not been able to find out who somebody is within 15mins of trying.

As for Karen's being brave. Well I suggest we google Bill Burr's thoughts on what brave is. Fireman are brave. We and the Karen's are just bitchy.

Fireman or Firemen?

From one of my Watsapp groups.

Hi guys (from the Raffa Bike group)

This is a warning! Don't try exercising after the 9 am curfew. I was held by the police for 14 hours. No food no water no chairs to sit on. Just hard concrete floor. Unbelievably cruel. Animals at the SPCA are treated better.

I was arrested on Friday for riding my bicycle after the curfew. 5kms away from home. They are not messing around. Please do not take any chances. Forward this without disclosing my name.

First I spent 9 hours in a holding cell at a police station with four other men, two beggars, one guy caught driving at 745 pm and the fourth was caught illegally transporting chemicals. Thankfully all nice people. I paid bail for the 2 beggars because they were seriously screwed and would have stayed in jail for a week or two.

The worst part was not having a clue what was going to happen next and when. The holding cell had a solid steel door, no way of communication unless you shout. We sat in there for hours hoping an officer would tell us what was going on - all the while thinking that any minute they would allow us to pay for bail and get the hell out of there.

When I was arrested I was told that I should expect bail "soon". I did not see police officer for a few hours after being locked up and even then whenever anyone appeared they would say "yes yes soon don't worry".

Eventually they moved us in a police van late Friday night to the Randburg police station where our fingerprints were taken. That took another 2 hours. Finally I was released after paying R500 bail at 3 am after being taken back to Douglasdale police station.

No amount of pleading or asking for a second chance helped. I did not dare offer a bribe. The guys who arrested me did not ask for one.

Bail was granted and I have to make an appearance in court in Randburg on 2nd July.

Please, this is not a joke. Nor an exaggeration. Don't mess with them/tempt fate. Black, white, rich or poor it doesn't matter.

OK I'll ask. Was he wearing lycra in prison, Rapha lycra?