Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

no beaches or parks either 

My temp lock-down accommodation is 50m from the beach with no one around. Niemand Niks.

I would have loved to be allowed to use my own common sense and go for a proper open water swim...   :cursing:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My temp lock-down accommodation is 50m from the beach with no one around. Niemand Niks.

I would have loved to be allowed to use my own common sense and go for a proper open water swim...   :cursing:

Dont be selfish ,  dont you care about saving lives!!

:D

Since the question was raised about Tokai, and I don't really feel like opening a topic just for that. This morning I was once again staring at blouberg hill thinking it would be awesome to climb to the top... Last time I checked on strava it seems nobody has been there in a long time (like long before lockdown). Anyone knows why ?

As it looks like it's a national park it shouldn't open anytime soon anyways, but curious...

I used to run up there years ago. Just jumped the farmers fence and tried to look like I belonged. But as far as I know it was not open to the public even pre Covid. It is faaaarking steep Edited by MTBeer

Ek is nou keelvol vir Covid-19 en hierdie reëls van moets en moenies.

So uitgesien om vir `n slag te gaan draf op die tyd gleuf wat vir my beskikbaar is, 04:30 soggens.

Die nuwe tyd van 6 - 6 maak geen verskil vir my.

Ek kry dalk een mede drawwer `n week op die tyd gleuf en in al die jare het die polisie my net een keer gestop toe ek 03:00 begin draf het.

Cant see anything about the 5km rule. Or did I miss that too?

same...scanned through there looking for a limit and didn't see anything. so now the question is again.....does the Mans's subordinates also assume the 5km fell away...or do they assume it is still there and to be enforced....because the rules say nothing to support either.

The ambiguity of this whole mess....

someone i knew once said "assumption is the mother of all f@#$ups" lol

Edited by morneS555

Ok help a bloke out here....

Who the F is Karen and is she hot?

I think it originated form the movie "mean girls". There's a really dumb and self entitled white girl in the movie called Karen. At one stage she says to Lindsay Lohan's character "If you're from africa why are you white?". So it has since (through memes) become a synonym for a stupid, privileged (and often racial insensitive) white woman. For whatever reason it was under the radar but now all of a sudden everyone is saying it. I don't know why but stuff like this helps:

as long as we pronounce it like the Afrikaans Karen (Kaah-rin) over here....It's all good. ^_^ 

It somehow ads to the 'fluffy' housewife in sweatpants imagery

Cant see anything about the 5km rule. Or did I miss that too?

same...scanned through there looking for a limit and didn't see anything. so now the question is again.....does the Mans's subordinates also assume the 5km fell away...or do they assume it is still there and to be enforced....because the rules say nothing to support either.

The ambiguity of this whole mess....

someone i knew once said "assumption is the mother of all f@#$ups" lol

The ban on movement of people has been lifted, so you can exercise anywhere, except in public spaces (like parks), and only between 6am - 6pm.

I haven’t had time to read through everything - I only shared the gazetted post after our Ward Councillor shared it.

Do you have the tables that shows which industries may work under level 3 ? Same as the previous tables ?

Friend has a business that was on Level 2 ... this is seriously hurting his business ....

df61cd0a279c98f237f64a7c0ed6df34.jpg

0d437701bd5548462f1ad019949e160c.jpg