Coronavirus lockdown and exercising outdoors

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again pathetic thinking. By saying within 5km radius you concentrate riders. And then on top of that you limit it to 3 hours a day in the morning. More concentration of people. Typical cANCer thinking. I see no difference between riding 5km from your house or 100km from your house. If you are alone.

Jy sien, Varkies verstaan!

Honestly- after running a path around my house like a dog this past month this sounds like heaven to me!

The time frame is doff, there will be far too many people out at once...I have no issue with the distance it is similar to Europe.

What a joke

Yet again pathetic thinking. By saying within 5km radius you concentrate riders. And then on top of that you limit it to 3 hours a day in the morning. More concentration of people. Typical cANCer thinking. I see no difference between riding 5km from your house or 100km from your house. If you are alone.

I'm guessing the two of you are related...

Anyways, happy to be outside!

Because cyclists can’t pass on the virus

This government

Edit ; never heard any conditions as to the number of ppl ?

"Not in organised groups" officially, hopefully there will be a document released to detail it all.

Assuming that implies solo, even if from the same home?

Do you really need to uncomplicate things? What are we going to be moaning about now?

Was just thinking outside the box, whilst being inside a 20km box ;)

So what is the verdict? Between 6-9 within 5km from our homes?

I am thankful.

Naval Hill 3 km from my house

7 dams 3 km from my house

Within 400m from my house, I can be in the veld. So ja. I can work with this for now.

Why?, find a route around your house, 5+5+5+5 from 6am to 9am. You could ride 20km circles for 3 hours?

Because I / some people work during that time. I am happy with the radius, the curfews just doesnt make sense? Condense people, but during lets say a 8 hour gap you spread people, and the risk of spreading the virus is less? You are now going to pass 3-4 times more fellow joggers/cyclers than normal?

I'll take that! I didn't even expect that much ...

The smokers on the other hand [emoji44]

I could not understand how they could allow tobacco products while disallowing alcohol. Most people don't share drinks while people do share their 2nd hand smoke and often ciggies too,

Still think the 5km radius is too small for what are low risk activities.

I'll take between 6am and 9am or 10am whatever it is. 

But its stupid to fence the timing in because now everyone will out between those times ans social distancing will be hard

"Not in organised groups" officially, hopefully there will be a document released to detail it all.

Assuming that implies solo, even if from the same home?

“Not in organised groups” but you only have 3hrs in a 5 km radius.....at least it won’t be crowded then ! Edited by Pikey