Lockdown lessons

hansolo

I hadn't realised just how reliant I am on shops as a form of entertainment. Not necessarily buying something but just looking at stuff in the LBS or sportmans or computer shop. Had to go to the pharmacy today and it felt like a relapse. Spent 10 minutes comparing brands of mixed nuts before I realised how much I was enjoying myself.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hadn't realised just how reliant I am on shops as a form of entertainment. Not necessarily buying something but just looking at stuff in the LBS or sportmans or computer shop. Had to go to the pharmacy today and it felt like a relapse. Spent 10 minutes comparing brands of mixed nuts before I realised how much I was enjoying myself.

Lol...

I went to get some fruit and veg oh and flour.. everyone please note I finally found flour and the teller ended up having a long conversation with me.. people aren't chatting anymore and I think she misses it... (small town you know you generally have a chat to the teller, the owner, the Baker, the dude that packs the shelves)

It's also showing me something about how opinionated I am.

Posted this on the hub on 5 March. 

"This Covid 19 stuff makes me wonder -

Number of people who have died of Covid19 so far globally - 3200.

Number of people who died in South Africa alone of TB in 2018 - 62000

Number of people who died of non-Covid19 influenza in ZA annually - approx 8000

R0 is a statistical concept used to quantify how contagious an infection might be.

Untrated TB - Approx 10. Common Influenza : Approx 2. 

COVID19 -- estimates suggest about 2.2

Ride the CTCT folks - I don't think it's the massive mother nature corrective feedback loop we know we are due --- not this time."

Chutney is an essential item.

Lols..

A must have when I make my special tomato and onion sauce to eat with braai pap... that however is the only time it is used in my house.

I am not proud to say this but I kind of panic bought Kiri cheese and Mozzarella yesterday..(3 of each)[emoji3061]

Edited by Gen

Another piece of humble pie followed from one of those "What I think I look like when I'm riding my bike versus what I actually look like" after a member of my household took a video of me in bibs and HRM on the kickr. 

Another piece of humble pie followed from one of those "What I think I look like when I'm riding my bike versus what I actually look like" after a member of my household took a video of me in bibs and HRM on the kickr. 

I got into MTB primarily for fitness and it worked (been positive in more ways than just fitness + gym is a no); I've never been this thin or looked as healthy as I do now. My partner says I'm "a fanatic" :huh: and my lycra uniform apparently makes me look "serious" :ph34r: .

I think I'd be chewing on the couch if it weren't for my very lucky purchase of an IDT at the CTCT expo and even luckier day-before-lockdown arrival of the MTB thru-axle adapters. Really could do with a standing/trainer-compatible desk though  :eek:

I took the trash out recently, late at night (23:00) and saw some people who live on the same street as me walking their dog. They stopped dead when they saw me. I waved and went inside.

Edited by aquaratza

Ja, I was shown a picture of me in the same compromising situation - not pretty 

Happy to say as a family we all still get on.. I have not once lost my temper with the teens.. the eldest gave an answer and I didn't appreciate the tone, instead of making a big thing I just said.. try answering again but this time be nicer... and what do you know he even used the word mommy instead of mom the second time round... they even cleaned their rooms and helped with the dishes..without it being a schlep.

put my spinning bike on the deck, shirt off,chest strap,  big blue cycling glasses and a sweat band plus headphones

My daughter came and took pics with her moms phone and blasted them out to friends and family.  Let's just say people were not kind.  None of my friends or family cycle so taking the p!ss out of me is great fun.  Comments like, "put a shirt on, get a bra" etc etc

Had a I known I would have sucked in gut  - i need to add gym to my routine, I look like someones dad.  I know it's not beer, wine or nougat as those are slimming vitamins essential for cycling

I’ve been fortunate to be allowed to work from home once or twice a month. The boss knows I have work to get done, so as long as it’s done, he’s okay with it.

The o pay problem I found was loosing with colleagues at the office. It was easy to get up and walk to them, thereby getting g away from the desk. Now I have to call/text them, and I don’t always get an answer.

Day 1 of lockdown I worked at home. Halfway through the day I wanted to get back to the office.

................. I look like someones dad.  ................

Not just that, I even catch myself sometimes ACTING like someones dad, shocking  :eek:  How did it happen, just a couple of decades and........oh, yes, that;s how it happened!

Properly corrected this time

Many years ago we nosed through Dean & Deluca deli in New York and tried to find something South African between all the worlds best caviar, olive oil, cheeses and so on...........we did........Mrs Balls! :thumbup: