Lockdown lessons

hansolo

No need to move the dough from sunny spot to sunny spot. just wrap in electric blanket and turn it on low ^_^

Sunny spots are free, also I don't have an electric blanket [emoji6]

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a massive difference between "clean" and "clean".

Honey, if you read this, I love you  :blush: Comic Sans applicable.....

To also explain: we are currently living in Gauteng (water scarcity not such an issue here - yet).

Allow me thus to elaborate:

Dishwashing:

Her - a ton of Dliquid, heavy scrubbing in near boiling water (gloves optional), checking for cleanliness, and then rinsing in separate basin. And placed on drying board. Check once dried.

Him - a squirt of Dliquid into warmish water, quick, casual wipe off with occasional scrub for visible, persistent dirt. Rinse off in little cold water. Leaving in drying board. Checking optional.

Washing:

Her - one wear/one wash rule. Always. Non-negotiable. Add appropriate amount of powder and send it - on 30min 30C cycle.

Him - the smell and check test apply. If it smells ok, wear it again. Add appropriate amount of powder and send it - one 30min 30C cycle. (explanation: non-underwear wearer!)

Bathroom:

Shower/Bath

Her - bath preferred, shower too cold even in summer (thus optional). the  odd shower does happen tho

Him - bath 3 times a year (if cold). If bath water is fairly clean (after her/daughter), will use that instead of own shower). Daily shower as per CT procedure (brief and quick and functional).

Her - when washing hair, squirt 1/4 bottle of shampoo/conditioner into hand and proceed.

Him - when washing hair, squirt a few drops of shampoo into hand and proceed. (conditioner optional)

Loo

Her - on either session, use plenty roll to ensure cleanliness and dryness

Him - ensure cleanliness and dryness with minimum amount of bog roll.

(despite above, we have not panic bought bog roll  :clap:

Over and out.....before I get killed  :ph34r:  :whistling: LOL

Edited by mrcg

Flour and yeast are never in stock, We want to make some pizza dough but....

Go to any shop with a bakery (spar etc) and ask for yeast (ours sell by the kg), you might even be able to get some flour.

Our Spar also sell premade dough, good enough for things like rolls etc

I don't get this "my wife lords it over me" thing. If she boils over, I just turn a blind eye. She gets the message soon enough. She used to try spite me and not cook dinner. I would then get in my car and go buy takeaways for myself, come home and eat it. She also once told me she was leaving me and started taking the curtains down from the rails. I jumped in and helped her. 3 curtains later she pleaded with me to stop because she wasn't serious.

Now if she fusses, I just blithely carry on as though nothing is happening. I don't subscribe to "happy wife, happy life". I have a subscription to "happy me, happy she".

There is a massive difference between "clean" and "clean".

Honey, if you read this, I love you  :blush: Comic Sans applicable.....

To also explain: we are currently living in Gauteng (water scarcity not such an issue here - yet).

Allow me thus to elaborate:

Dishwashing:

Her - a ton of Dliquid, heavy scrubbing in near boiling water (gloves optional), checking for cleanliness, and then rinsing in separate basin. And placed on drying board. Check once dried.

Him - a squirt of Dliquid into warmish water, quick, casual wipe off with occasional scrub for visible, persistent dirt. Rinse off in little cold water. Leaving in drying board. Checking optional.

Washing:

Her - one wear/one wash rule. Always. Non-negotiable. Add appropriate amount of powder and send it - on 30min 30C cycle.

Him - the smell and check test apply. If it smells ok, wear it again. Add appropriate amount of powder and send it - one 30min 30C cycle. (explanation: non-underwear wearer!)

Bathroom:

Shower/Bath

Her - bath preferred, shower too cold even in summer (thus optional). the  odd shower does happen tho

Him - bath 3 times a year (if cold). If bath water is fairly clean (after her/daughter), will use that instead of own shower). Daily shower as per CT procedure (brief and quick and functional).

Her - when washing hair, squirt 1/4 bottle of shampoo/conditioner into hand and proceed.

Him - when washing hair, squirt a few drops of shampoo into hand and proceed. (conditioner optional)

Loo

Her - on either session, use plenty roll to ensure cleanliness and dryness

Him - ensure cleanliness and dryness with minimum amount of bog roll.

(despite above, we have not panic bought bog roll  :clap:

Over and out.....before I get killed  :ph34r:  :whistling: LOL

100% agreed, except for the dishes. How the feck don't you wash dishes properly? 

Oh, and shirts don't qualify for the sniff and wear test. I don't feel clean when wearing a shirt for a 2nd time. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

I don't get this "my wife lords it over me" thing. If she boils over, I just turn a blind eye. She gets the message soon enough. She used to try spite me and not cook dinner. I would then get in my car and go buy takeaways for myself, come home and eat it. She also once told me she was leaving me and started taking the curtains down from the rails. I jumped in and helped her. 3 curtains later she pleaded with me to stop because she wasn't serious.

Now if she fusses, I just blithely carry on as though nothing is happening. I don't subscribe to "happy wife, happy life". I have a subscription to "happy me, happy she".

FTFY

Don't let a sharp ax lie around the house, not if you are a sound sleeper !  :ph34r:  

Surely not?