Lockdown lessons

hansolo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunny spots are free, also I don't have an electric blanket [emoji6]

Use this time to make a sourdough starter. Mine's almost ready to bake a loaf with, and I started last week. 

I went to checkers this morning to grab some essentials. Grabbed 2 packs of flour as well 'cos I want to get better at my bread making. 

When I spent 18 months on Angolan border in the 70s we would go for weeks wearing the same set of browns when we were on ops. That's when you know about body odour

Especially noticeably when you get back to main camp amongst others who could shower n shave more often

Surely not?

Surely yes. It works. "happy me, happy she" is not quite it, but I don't entertain tantrums. Not from my 2 year old, nor from her mother. I never have, and I sure as anything am not about to start now. If she can't have a civil discourse, then there is no discourse.

Use this time to make a sourdough starter. Mine's almost ready to bake a loaf with, and I started last week. 

I went to checkers this morning to grab some essentials. Grabbed 2 packs of flour as well 'cos I want to get better at my bread making. 

I have been wanting to bake my own bread for a while now. I have noticed that flour is even more scarce than bog roll in my part of the world.

I don't get this "my wife lords it over me" thing. If she boils over, I just turn a blind eye. She gets the message soon enough. She used to try spite me and not cook dinner. I would then get in my car and go buy takeaways for myself, come home and eat it. She also once told me she was leaving me and started taking the curtains down from the rails. I jumped in and helped her. 3 curtains later she pleaded with me to stop because she wasn't serious.

Now if she fusses, I just blithely carry on as though nothing is happening. I don't subscribe to "happy wife, happy life". I have a subscription to "happy me, happy she".

Sounds like a recipe for a long and happy marriage.

1. Whatever you think is enough alcohol x 3

2. Exercise is a mission. Make sure you have the necessary equipment to commit to daily exercise like an exercise mat, dumbbel or two, some resistance bands etc

3. Do not buy junk food, you end up snacking on junk the whole day. Rather buy lots of fruit to snack on

4. Commit to a daily routine.... Wake up same time, have an exercise schedule and a time to commit to work

Edited by Wimmas

Lockdown Lessons from the Land of the Long White Cloud:

(and in no particular order):

1. Great time for DIY... if you remembered to buy the materials before the lockdown  :blush:
  2. Kiwi's are getting the full Zimbo experience by having to queue at the supermarket. (handy tip: work for a hospital. flash your badge. jump the queue  :ph34r: )
  3. Don't buy a 1kg wheel of brie, even if it's only 50c more than a 200g one.Trying to eat that much brie before the expiry date is not a good idea.
  4. EVERYONE is suddenly a walker/runner/cyclist (neighbourhood based outdoor exercise allowed in NZ, and people are really taking advantage)
  5. Family dogs are the fittest they've every been.
  6. Dog turds must be able to transmit COVID-19, as it seems dog walkers in my neighbourhood are too cautious to pick up after their mutts.

And most importantly, be kind. be patient. and don't be a deck (pronounced in a kiwi accent).

Edited by patches

When I spent 18 months on Angolan border in the 70s we would go for weeks wearing the same set of browns when we were on ops. That's when you know about body odour

You did well at 18 months; we found that after 3 to 4 weeks or so the browns actually started disintegrating in hard use areas. A few rainy season wet and dry cycles may not have helped. At least it was warm.

I don't get this whole 'I'm a man so I don't know how to shop/wash/iron/etc' vibe. I mean WTF? It's okes like you that give males the k@k reputation we have. Grow up and do your share.

100% agreed, except for the dishes. How the feck don't you wash dishes properly? 

Oh, and shirts don't qualify for the sniff and wear test. I don't feel clean when wearing a shirt for a 2nd time. 

I'll check with my step child and get back to you on that one...