Indoor trainer price GOUGING during / after lockdown...

NINER_boy

Think a big part of the answer will be clarified once the couriers can start operating normally ....

at least the on-line stores can then function normally.

The attachment would suggest that we have to wait for Level 2 ... or wait, maybe Level 3 ... or ... who knows ?  

From that attached document, are we then given the green light to exercise outdoors as of 1st May?

Within the parameters of curfew of course.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From that attached document, are we then given the green light to exercise outdoors as of 1st May?

Within the parameters of curfew of course.

i've just been informed that it's a discussion document, that may have an impact on regulations as they go forwards. So while it's not accurate now, it may be. Again, leaked by industry. 

For the moment, go by the official doc that was released y'day showing no alcohol sales. 

i've just been informed that it's a discussion document, that may have an impact on regulations as they go forwards. So while it's not accurate now, it may be. Again, leaked by industry. 

For the moment, go by the official doc that was released y'day showing no alcohol sales. 

Cool, thanks for clearing that one up  :thumbup:

THIS is the bit that has me "worrried" ...

I would LOVE to hear that the bit about walking and cycling is correct !!!

BUT, think it was very clear that siggies will be legal, but NOT alchol .... certainly some more "discussions" to happen between now and 1 May.

I KNOW that our industry (like most others) are making presentations to be on level 3 or 4 ... not the current level 2 .... 

Going to be VERY interesting to see how this plays out !!

NOTE - I can not find that document on the official Government website .... As you say, probably still just a discussion document.

A friend of mine serves on a the Exco of a Large E-Commerce retailer and he mentioned that they have pleaded up to the highest level to have E-Commerce pushed up the list but at this point to no avail...

Since I would love to order some stuff online, I am personally keen to have E-Commerce kicking off again but seriously, in light of getting the economy going and surely this is one of the less risky one's from a transmission point of view...

Edited by Cookie88

Hey Cookie88,

We're still slightly confused, the speech was very vague. 

I trust we will have more clarity from the ministers in the next couple of days. Talk is that warehouses can open, but an open warehouse is quite useless without an open retailer. 

Thanks Christian, I have a friend who is waiting on some of your stock and he is desperate for his Kickr...

Apart from his sanity, I hope that you guys can start moving some stuff around for the health of the business  :thumbup:

I saw a schedule which shows that "Ecommerce and delivery services" are only at Level 3.  :thumbdown:  :wacko:

edit: I'm also waiting for CWC to deliver mine.

They given you any indication yet on when they can deliver or as much in the dark as everyone else?

They given you any indication yet on when they can deliver or as much in the dark as everyone else?

Nope, no news I'm afraid.

Still unclear whether any of these trainers ordered during Stage 5 Lockdown will be delivered from 1 May from the briefing this morning - looks like it might still be a while... 

Still unclear whether any of these trainers ordered during Stage 5 Lockdown will be delivered from 1 May from the briefing this morning - looks like it might still be a while... 

According to the "Public Version" documents released the cycling industry could potentially start at Level 3 - see post 1095 -

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/185156-coronavirus-and-training-outdoors/page-69?do=findComment&comment=3649395

NOBODY knows when this may be .... mid May if the numbers are good, or months down the road .... 

The construction industry is also shown in Level 3 (better than the previous draft) ... 

According to the "Public Version" documents released the cycling industry could potentially start at Level 3 - see post 1095 -

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/185156-coronavirus-and-training-outdoors/page-69?do=findComment&comment=3649395

NOBODY knows when this may be .... mid May if the numbers are good, or months down the road .... 

The construction industry is also shown in Level 3 (better than the previous draft) ... 

I know repair work and emergency construction is allowed.

I need to replace some roof panels in my added on braai room before the rain comes and we have been given the thumbs up. 

I just don't have any income to pay for the needed repairs!

I know repair work and emergency construction is allowed.

I need to replace some roof panels in my added on braai room before the rain comes and we have been given the thumbs up. 

I just don't have any income to pay for the needed repairs!

Selling your IDT would create some well needed cashflow for those repairs  :clap: