Are bicycle shops open?

Shaik

No. Probably a different person. Has only been riding since level 4, between 6 and 9. Just a bit further from home, like 90% of cyclists.

we all know the percentage of statistics that are made up on the spot.......... 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much furthur? 1or 100km ?

About 5km extra (radius-wise). Anyway, don't see how that matters. The point is it's his business, has no impact on anyone else, makes no difference to medical services if he crashes 5km or 10km from his house, no chance of transmitting the virus to anyone else. Yet someone was unhappy. Sad individual indeed.

Some guys just been taking the p1ss with this 5km rule tho.

Im all for going a bit extra but when you do 100km ride ending up more than a hour outside time,posting it on Strava with over 200 followers is just STUPID.

Even worse when you a club ride captain.

Just as bad as the youngsters I believe cycling the Tygerberg trails also outside of curfew.

As always just takes 1 idiot to mess it up for everyone or give us a worse name than we already have.

go look at the names used in some of the published articles (edit: on n24 about ignorant cyclists).

They lurk these forums.... I have the PM's to prove it lol.

i wont be surprised if there really is a rat on here

edit 2:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: haha.

Not worth it

news24 article?

I'm sure some hippies have tried to list their essential oil infusion business as needing to open!

A friend's son had no difficulty in having his dealer deliver via courier even under stage 5 lockdown.

A friend's son had no difficulty in having his dealer deliver via courier even under stage 5 lockdown.

This is South Africa in a nutshell.

Those that allow themselves to be policed and taxed are policed and taxed into oblivion. Those that don'tgiveafuk...... Well they don'tgiveafuk.

When I was doing articles we had a guy show up in a jag with shoe boxes of slips expecting us to rustle up a set of audited accounts for him to apply for a bond. When we asked him how he paid tax he replied with a straight face that he couldn't afford to pay tax.

Not a word of a lie.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I'd be careful promoting your LBS as open on this public forum. Rather send a DM. AFAIK, they can operate under strict restrictions only. Very few of us actually qualify. (i.e. for commuters only).

The reason I say this is that there's a snitch on here who complained to the relevant cycling bodies about a rider riding more than 5km from his house. That type of person would probably report an LBS for selling him something too...

People really do become spiteful and petty in times of difficulty.

It takes a special type of worm to report someone for trying to make a living in such difficult times.

It takes a special type of worm to report someone for trying to make a living in such difficult times.

Agree

I went to my LBS to pick up a smart trainer yesterday and wanted to alert this forum but decided against it for that reason. Last thing i want is for them to have to shut down!

Today i send my bike for a nice wash and service, just helping them out with what little i can do 

Today i send my bike for a nice wash and service, just helping them out with what little i can do 

Exactly. These people are our friends in a lot of cases. 

We're trying to help out our local restaurants in our hood where we can. We've got to help each other. Not F*&k each other over. FFS.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Agree

I went to my LBS to pick up a smart trainer yesterday and wanted to alert this forum but decided against it for that reason. Last thing i want is for them to have to shut down!

I think you meant to say a "Deep Cleaning and Sanitation" at your LBS!

Sounds about right. That bike has sat on my trainer for the past 18 months, i think it has maybe 10 litres of sweat and alot of other stuff spilled all over it

Will collect it later

Sounds about right. That bike has sat on my trainer for the past 18 months, i think it has maybe 10 litres of sweat and alot of other stuff spilled all over it

Will collect it later

Sounds like it needs to be stripped of paint and redone by Bogus as part of the "Deep Clean" process

I think this applies to all our bikes that have been going through those rivers of covid virus droplets left on the road by the non-mask wearers.

I think this applies to all our bikes that have been going through those rivers of covid virus droplets left on the road by the non-mask wearers.

Haha

Good news is that i went to collect my bike and the guy said "sorry, we can only finish it by Monday as we are super busy."

Normally i would be fuming but i am happy they are doing a brisk trade

Happy to ride my other cleaner bike for the weekend