Are cyclist just too superior to keep their masks/buffs on

Stefalbertyn

There is no excuse for ignorance if you have an internet connection and a secondary level of education or an IQ in the average or above category. 

Information from the the latest research / awaiting peer review investigations is freely available and credible sources provide ample information. Of course you need to tear yourself away from the bikehub / facebook / twitter / news24 cacophony and look in places where your click is not an asset that is being competed for.

https://www.nicd.ac.za/myth-the-heat-and-the-sun-kills-covid-19/  a nice video for those who can't/won't read.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mask is not required while exercising in other counties so what makes south africa so special?

Like everything else in Africa, the virus is tougher here.

There is no excuse for ignorance if you have an internet connection and a secondary level of education or an IQ in the average or above category. 

Information from the the latest research / awaiting peer review investigations is freely available and credible sources provide ample information. Of course you need to tear yourself away from the bikehub / facebook / twitter / news24 cacophony and look in places where your click is not an asset that is being competed for.

https://www.nicd.ac.za/myth-the-heat-and-the-sun-kills-covid-19/  a nice video for those who can't/won't read.

This, and the earlier chart of life expectancy for the virus on surfaces are  :eek:

Have you seen my hair?

Dont you remember that old advert of the guy who goes into the barber. Two men, one with great hair and the other with terrible hair, he picks the guy with the good hair to cut his.....

Dont you remember that old advert of the guy who goes into the barber. Two men, one with great hair and the other with terrible hair, he picks the guy with the good hair to cut his.....

And the guy with no hair?

Assumptions assumptions...

True, the only people who had any inherent credibility on here(the actual qualified doctors) have left these threads a long time ago already. Sad really. The rest of us are just amateur Google Searchers... trying to make sense of this unknown thing disrupting our every sense of being.

I love threads like these.

People: I will choose which laws I want to follow because I have thought about it. Less law is better for me.

Same people: Why is this country so lawless?

These same people: Why are our numbers so high? Why can't other people just behave themselves and prevent infections?

The mask is not required while exercising in other counties so what makes south africa so special?

The magnitude of the ineptitude of our leaders?

Assumptions assumptions...

Yep, I used too many absolutes in that statement...Which was silly. 

Fact remains allot of people with deep medical insight and experience in the medical field no longer partake here, which is a loss. I am sure there are still some left.

Edited by Swift&Aero

I love threads like these.

People: I will choose which laws I want to follow because I have thought about it. Less law is better for me.

Same people: Why is this country so lawless?

Interesting question and maybe should be asked with; why do some countries like SA have a seemingly historical propensity for making (and getting away with making) too many laws and regulations, and that are unprincipaled, amoral or just plain stupid?

Then throw in that in much of the 3rd world, Africa particularly, laws and regulations of every sort (even red traffic signals) are, at best, guidelines, followed and applied haphazardly.

Finally I guess SA has a history of bucking the system perceived (and designed) as obviously tipped against one group or another, or favouring another.

Result; shambles all round.

Yep, I used too many absolutes in that statement...Which was silly.

Fact remains allot of people with deep medical insight and experience in the medical field no longer partake here, which is a loss. I am sure there are still some left.

I guess if you’re in a related medical field you come here to talk nonsense and bike. Coming here for them probably feels like work right now

My mate is an orthodontist - in our younger days if we were out he’d tell people he sold life insurance or else he’d end up with their gums in his face

Edited by Waynemol

I guess if you’re in a related medical field you come here to talk nonsense and bike. Coming here for them probably feels like work right now

My mate is an orthodontist - in our younger days if we were out he’d tell people he sold life insurance or else he’d end up with their gums in his face

When I was in IT support I used to tell people I was a teller at a building society (yes it was that long ago)

Interesting question and maybe should be asked with; why do some countries like SA have a seemingly historical propensity for making (and getting away with making) too many laws and regulations, and that are unprincipaled, amoral or just plain stupid?

Then throw in that in much of the 3rd world, Africa particularly, laws and regulations of every sort (even red traffic signals) are, at best, guidelines, followed and applied haphazardly.

Finally I guess SA has a history of bucking the system perceived (and designed) as obviously tipped against one group or another, or favouring another.

Result; shambles all round.

Quite right - you can't law people into doing the right thing.

How to change it is the question - the current methods are obviously not working...

I'm a big fan of focusing on your responsibilities more than your rights. Easier said than done though when the government is happily riding rough shod over your rights!