Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trickstuff brakes, garbaruk chainring, cage and ceramic pulleys, axs and customised XX1 crank

Now, promise us on the life of all your other bikes that you'll post pages full of close up pictures! :thumbup:

At what stage does this thread title change?

when it become a build thread :)

Wayne must now select some good relaxing music to accompany the build video

when it become a build thread :)

Wayne must now select some good relaxing music to accompany the build video

I am not quite capable of building this myself but its a great opportunity to upskill.   The best mechanic in our area and right up there in SA had a massive off last weekend.

So my plan is for him to direct the build whilst stupid swings the tools

DnD I will download some Kenny G for you

Apart from the Mobu refund the raising of funds for vat, some components etc has started with a bang.

First ad went up about an hour ago and SOLD.  It's a sign

Time to strip my much loved Open (soon to be redundant) and sell off the bits. 7.67 kgs of stripping 

So you have all this high end stuff that's been gathering dust in the cave for over a year, just hard earned money and parts collected every month 

20 months ago you signed up for and paid for your new bike in development.  For various reasons said bike is still not ready, and now you're so over it.  

In fact you are so into gravel riding you are not even sure you want a new MTB but you never know

What do you do?  Sell off parts?  I always regret this and they are paid for, the pain long gone.

Find a new frame - your budget is 75/80k but there are rules...

you are a weight weenie 

you will never require a dropper post or flat shoes

the Fox 34 SC is so much more than you will every need

You won't ride a common brand so no Spez, trek, giant, 1 forked freaks etc

You don't care about warranties  - the way you ride frames don't break.  You think the K2C is proper

what do you buy?

All of these on that Nicolai with blue or orange decals and pivot :ph34r:

NICOLAI-Saturn-14-ST_3000x2000_1-1400x93

All of these on that Nicolai with blue or orange decals and pivot :ph34r:

the Hub has spoken Eddy, the Nicolai got voted off the island

I must say I really liked it's shinyness and I was allow to customise the rear triangle and all sorts of other things - great crowd to deal with and reasonable price wise relatively speaking

I am not quite capable of building this myself but its a great opportunity to upskill.   The best mechanic in our area and right up there in SA had a massive off last weekend.

You saw my work and build pics on rebuilding your Purple Pyga... #justsaying :)

PS. can't wait to see this one and making a note to steer clear of your current sales spree, can't afford to by a third bike from you.

Edited by Nakoota

Please no...jjjjuust NO! ANYTHING BUT KENNYG

haven't done my final commitment and Unno almost a done deal but this Nicolai, its pretty sexy

Thoughts?

I trust that a discerning man like you will keep those cheap a$$ looking bubblegum tyres far away from the stealth bomber...

I trust that a discerning man like you will keep those cheap a$$ looking bubblegum tyres far away from the stealth bomber...

black Onza svelte

I had a brief affair with bubblegum tyres and I do lust after the continental GP5000s in the tanwall

But no, they have no place around here

A bit late to the party but would have mentioned the UNNO Horn. Otherwise the Stoll bikes.

https://www.stoll-bikes.ch/english/bikes/

Rumor has it Canyon is launching a Canyon Lux (Down country) new frame with 120mm front and back and revised geometry  :ph34r:

Canyon would be too common for me, the other one looks good but nothing looks like the Unno to me, so clean

I think I've fallen hard for that Unno.

mate that beauty to Rotors 13 speed Hydraulic groupset for a very unique machine