Hypothetical dream build (mamil style)

Wayne pudding Mol

Wayne I think all of us who forced you into this build should think of this as more of “our “ bike than just “your “ bike. Maybe like the “village bike” , and maybe each get a turn to ride it ?

...so you like riding the village bicycle? 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were supposed to invoice me and send banking details on Friday because they had 3 weeks shut down on the way.  Instead they just packed for the beach leaving me to consider buyers remorse and other things 

welcome to dealing with the Spanish LOL.

Don;t worry they're excited about your bike, They're just more excited about getting away for a holiday after a long lock down. Go easy on them

I expect the ZAR to improve a lot in the coming months - low interest rate will have a big positive effect on the economy. Im holding back importing stuff till middle of next year.

(I have aquired a C50 frame that is waiting for some Campy parts)

Edited by Christie

welcome to dealing with the Spanish LOL.

Don;t worry they're excited about your bike, They're just more excited about getting away for a holiday after a long lock down. Go easy on them

Just love the Spanish, they don`t stress.

Siesta priority, would rather work late than start early.

Very affectionate bunch, hugs is the norm.

Miss my Spanish friends!

Unno I would never be able to afford, but working on that Orbea!

I expect the ZAR to improve a lot in the coming months - low interest rate will have a big positive effect on the economy. Im holding back importing stuff till middle of next year.

can I borrow that Crystal ball please?

The lower interest rates mean a lower return for investors, so while it may (hopefully) stimulate the economy, it doesn't do much in terms of foreigners buying into SA bonds, which is the quickest way to stimulate demand for the ZAR.

Well you have blue and orange in your build kit. So what's it going to be?

Edited by CAAD4

If Unno don't confirm my purchase and take my money today one of these is coming to SA

Frame only

Business must be brisk in Europe that I have to beg people to take my money

2 weeks left of their holiday. For an Unno, that's a nanosecond, right?

2 weeks left of their holiday. For an Unno, that's a nanosecond, right?

they get back 31 august but then its a new carbon layup for the Horn.  So my bike would only be ready to ship end September at best and built and ready 3rd week October

Which would make it a year since my last time on a mountain bike but just warm enough for me to go to the Garden Route Trail park and upskill

Unno is in pole but I won't be gutted if it's the Mondraker, I just love the lines.

Basically first invoice to me gets the money - Mondraker much much much cheaper

So after wildly swerving from brand to brand and very nearly buying a Cannondale frame because Lionel from Cannondale SA's service and help was so amazing, I have made a decision and paid up

I present the Unno Dash, big brother of the Horn I wanted.  I'm a bigger guy with rubbish skills and honestly my hardtail can do what I wanted the Horn to do.  I need to upskill so I can possibly enjoy singletrack and trails. (I will never enjoy rocks)  The Geo on this lends itself to this  and was the bike Unno recommended when I sent them my old Pyga Stage specs.

As a compromise to a more XC bike, they will supply with a fox factory 120 shock to match my Factory SC34 fork.  

Frame should be here end September and I have quit nougat and chocolates and will moderate my beer and wine.  I can't be slow and fat on this machine

Feel free to hate me now

EDIT...also changed from the Horn because I didn't want the same bike as all the other Unno guys here

post-81229-0-92128900-1597836555_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-52543200-1597836586_thumb.jpg

Edited by Waynemol

So after wildly swerving from brand to brand and very nearly buying a Cannondale frame because Lionel from Cannondale SA's service and help was so amazing, I have made a decision and paid up

I present the Unno Dash, big brother of the Horn I wanted. I'm a bigger guy with rubbish skills and honestly my hardtail can do what I wanted the Horn to do. I need to upskill so I can possibly enjoy singletrack and trails. (I will never enjoy rocks) The Geo on this lends itself to this and was the bike Unno recommended when I sent them my old Pyga Stage specs.

As a compromise to a more XC bike, they will supply with a fox factory 120 shock to match my Factory SC34 fork.

Frame should be here end September and I have quit nougat and chocolates and will moderate my beer and wine. I can't be slow and fat on this machine

Feel free to hate me now

What a ride, well done. It's a beauty of a bike.

I've seen that bike been piloted down the steep Swiss Alps. Have been fortunate to work the said bike as well.

When I'm in your neck of the woods hopefully October I'll be keen to check her out

Ok so some stuff lost in translation between me and the Spanish.  Unno don't seem to like the local fox agents on their side and I understood that they would supply me with a fox factory 120 shock - but instead I'm getting the below.

It might as well be in Spanish because suspension talk is just noise to me but reading the below sounds too enduroey downhilly to me.  What next, knee pads? No no.   Should I just order the Fox one locally.  I set up my suspension once and the next time it gets touched is when someone else services it.  Put it in the middle like my stage and leave it forever

Please can someone translate the below.

However you should bear in mind that the DASH frame comes with an Öhlins STX 22 Air Custom Series, 200x57mm (130mm travel, external rebound damping adjustment, external high speed compression adjustment with climb mode setting external low speed compression adjustment and adjustable volume air spring).