Critérium du Dauphiné 2020

Vetplant

WvA is domestique only at the Tour he won’t be GC. Flat and rolling stages and 1st or 2nd man in mtn train.

What is amazing about that is he wins CX, classics, stages, TT and maybe shorter stage races and then heads off as domestique to a Tour. That’s impressive and he’ll of a versatile rider and team player.

Yeah for sure. I was more thinking stage wins and a big engine for Roglic and/or Kruiswijk.

I would think stage and TT wins would be expected. I just love how the young guns are throwing the traditional 'peleton rules' out the window and attacking, winning across format and flat out from the start.

Racing was super exciting in the 18 months leading up to Covid and it has resumed as it left off.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah for sure. I was more thinking stage wins and a big engine for Roglic and/or Kruiswijk.

I would think stage and TT wins would be expected. I just love how the young guns are throwing the traditional 'peleton rules' out the window and attacking, winning across format and flat out from the start.

Racing was super exciting in the 18 months leading up to Covid and it has resumed as it left off.

The level is so high since returning from

Lockdown and you can see who did their homework during lockdown and who didn’t. I’m at Fauphine now and it’s flat not again now today

Odd that. It's only been since 2000 odd (the Lance years) that the system of throwing your team on the front to throttle the life out of the race started and then was perfected by the Skybots. 

So, in the more than 100 years of the Tour, that form of control isn't really the norm or traditional.

Odd that. It's only been since 2000 odd (the Lance years) that the system of throwing your team on the front to throttle the life out of the race started and then was perfected by the Skybots. 

So, in the more than 100 years of the Tour, that form of control isn't really the norm or traditional.

I'm not talking about grand tours. I'm talking about bike racing in general.

It's full gas from the start, traditional 'sprint' races are being torn to shreds from way out, experienced campaigners are having to work for any sort of result instead of have the peleton play their game.

A lot has changed regards the racing and the attitude. Also, that's not coming from me, that's coming from a lot of the pro's

The level is so high since returning from

Lockdown and you can see who did their homework during lockdown and who didn’t. I’m at Fauphine now and it’s flat not again now today

Enjoy!

I hope the Pog and Formolo can create some magic today!

The Ineos train is grinding HARD up this beast

Edit.. Ineos train *less one weak link

Edited by Chris_