A wine thread: What's in your glass?

Delarey

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here’s one from Facebook my wife asked me a while back. If you were given R10 million for never drinking a drop of alcohol again. Would you take the money?

All the Greats loved the fruit of the vine:

Caesar ( Julius and the rest) preferred Falarian.

Napoleon was partial to Constantia Wine (of SA renown) in addition to the great French estates.

Jefferson was a famous francophile vinophile.

Churchill was fond of Bollinger, in addition to Claret.

Etc

Etc

Etc

Hitler was a teetotaller as is the Orange C%$t!

Shannon Sauvignon Blanc from Elim tonight.

Overpriced lockdown wine for Tuesday evening here. [emoji38]

Went down well with the Moroccan food, but probably not worth whatever my gf paid for it.

9d0ea7df6e9999900263c66af90122dc.jpg

Overpriced lockdown wine for Tuesday evening here. [emoji38]

Went down well with the Moroccan food, but probably not worth whatever my gf paid for it.

9d0ea7df6e9999900263c66af90122dc.jpg

That looks like the labels I see on the South African shelf at Tesco or Morrisons in the UK. As much as I try and punt SA wine overseas, its damn frustrating that the wines that make it to retailers shelves over there are almost always bulk wine that gets bottled on some label with an African motif.

Maybe that was an export order that got cancelled under lockdown.

Edited by Delarey

That looks like the labels I see on the South African shelf at Tesco or Morrisons in the UK. As much as I try and punt SA wine overseas, its damn frustrating that the wines that make it to retailers shelves over there are almost always bulk wine that gets bottled on some label with an African motif.

Maybe that was an export order that got cancelled under lockdown.

I know what you’re referring to with those bulk wine exported-bottled-labelled oversees wines. This one however is at least a step above that though. The label alone is quite expensive to print if we’re judging it by the label only. It’s been a while but I’d say label alone is about R5 ea if not more.