A wine thread: What's in your glass?

Delarey

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you’re referring to with those bulk wine exported-bottled-labelled oversees wines. This one however is at least a step above that though. The label alone is quite expensive to print if we’re judging it by the label only. It’s been a while but I’d say label alone is about R5 ea if not more.

I googled them and sounds like an interesting estate. Based in between Worcester and Robertson but make wines with grapes from Swartland and even Elgin. Interesting choice of label, but probably aimed at the export market. Pity that you say the quality does not match the price.

I googled them and sounds like an interesting estate. Based in between Worcester and Robertson but make wines with grapes from Swartland and even Elgin. Interesting choice of label, but probably aimed at the export market. Pity that you say the quality does not match the price.

Those were lockdown prices I referred to. [emoji2960][emoji6]

Quality was ok, I just have no idea what my gf paid or the retail price is.

IIRC, it’s same owners as Creation btw.

Its an ode to their Nguni which I forget the story behind.

R200 or thereabouts if I remember correctly, we had it a while back when I was lured by the label, which I love.

Those were lockdown prices I referred to. [emoji2960][emoji6]

Quality was ok, I just have no idea what my gf paid or the retail price is.

IIRC, it’s same owners as Creation btw.

Based on their online store their red wines are around R200/bottle. Strange choice of label at that price point. The Creation connection is also very interesting. Creation is at the other end of label design spectrum with super minimalistic labels.

@Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Went to Tops and couldn't find the wine I was looking for, so I opted for this. Will have a glass or 2 with the Mrs a bit later.d7782fc890ff54a410ffa1de62bb06c3.jpg

I got a bottle of this from a mate. He told me it was a personalised label.....

It was very cold in Bloem yesterday(still is) and my better half treated us with a 'fall-of-the-bone' lambshank last night. I was originally going to open a Springfield Pinot Noir(in celebration of Pinot Noir day yesterday) but decided the lamb needed something a bit more robust....

post-11333-0-85696400-1597823073_thumb.jpg

It was very cold in Bloem yesterday(still is) and my better half treated us with a 'fall-of-the-bone' lambshank last night. I was originally going to open a Springfield Pinot Noir(in celebration of Pinot Noir day yesterday) but decided the lamb needed something a bit more robust....

A glass of red with red meat, can't go wrong with that :thumbup:

That's looked so yummy I am sommer decided to make lambshank tonight..

Heard the farmers almost want to give it for free for the next few months. Buy direct and cut out the middleman who will be the only one benefitting.

Source 702 this afternoon.