A wine thread: What's in your glass?

Delarey

Where in Canada are you?

Hamilton in between Toronto and Niagara Falls. So wine region.

I usually buy Fleur Du Cap cab sav and KWV Chenin from the local. The problem is the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) has the monopoly on all alcohol sales. A bottle of Two Oceans will set you back $20. I refuse to pay more that $15 for a bottle of the good stuff. Fortunately the LCBO does not know what the good stuff is? 

My favourite wine from SA is from Luddite. The Saboteur is primo!  

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stocks to replenish with some orders (Tanagra & Springfield) in. Any recommendations of good wines at good prices and a "deserving" (smallish, owner run) estate would be gratefully received.

I guess I'm lucky in a way, alcohol has never bothered me. When I was much younger I tried to finish all the alcohol before my kids get to the age where they can drink, what a stupid idea. They produced more than I could consume. [emoji3061][emoji23]

Hamilton in between Toronto and Niagara Falls. So wine region.

One of my best wine experiences ever is from that region. Was over in Toronto for business a couple of years ago and over the weekend we drove to Niagara to tick the tourist box. It was Feb so pretty cold. After looking at the waterfall for about 20min, we decided to rather hit the wine route on the way back. Ended up at a place called Vineland Estate for a late lunch. We pushed the boat out on a 5 course fine dining meal with wine pairing. That sensory experience of amazing food, interesting wines and the afternoon sun setting over the cold vineyards will stay with me for ever. Can barely remember what the waterfall looked like, but I still think of that afternoon at Vineland.

Edited by Delarey

@Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Went to Tops and couldn't find the wine I was looking for, so I opted for this. Will have a glass or 2 with the Mrs a bit later.d7782fc890ff54a410ffa1de62bb06c3.jpg

Oh my cotton pickin soul. Those glass mugs need to be moulded into thin rimmed wine glasses.

Nee sis man!

when I braai, I use a "blik beker" to drink wine.

As jy dooswyn drink is dit nie asof jy enige skaamte nog oor kan hê nie, so dis seker maar Okay?

when I braai, I use a "blik beker" to drink wine.

as one should. Poncey crystal glasses are for the ladies in the kitchen making the salad.

as one should. Poncey crystal glasses are for the ladies in the kitchen making the salad.

exactly

I'd rather be kommin than face SWAMBO after I've broken one of her fency carol boyes laaarnie thin stem glasses

Savages. I even go camping with crystal glasses.

I'm guessing you have a caravan. Or one of those trailers.

Edited by MTBeer

‘It delivers flavours in a sequential manner. This trait makes Gabriel-Glas fantastic for blind tasting and for improving your palate. The fruit delivery was equal to Zalto, but more fresh in style.’ – Madeline Puckette, Wine Folly

Se maar niks