Budget Trail Riding Gear

TyronLab

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Titan I think it is seems to be making some nice looking kit at very good prices, saw quite a big range at Olympic cycles including Enduro type stuff.

Next time you are shopping for gloves, also take a look at the motorcycle stores that sell Motocross style gloves.

They are usually very comfy and great value for money

I ride with MX gloves in winter, but they are to thick in the summer, at least to me, they make your hands really hot, but they are awesome if you fall, and are really durable, my 2 pairs of "cycling" gloves have not even lasted 6 months and they are falling apart were my MX gloves are probably 4 years old and still going strong Edited by Chadvdw67

I ride with MX gloves in winter, but they are to thick in the summer, at least to me, they make your hands really hot, but they are awesome if you fall, and are really durable, my 2 pairs of "cycling" gloves have not even lasted 6 months and they are falling apart were my MX gloves are probably 4 years old and still going strong

You also get really thin summer MX gloves that look and feel just as vented as the MTB options.

Mechanix also make pretty awesome gloves. They are 'tactical' gloves and you can get them in different guises, thicknesses material etc all for R200 ish

Mechanix also make pretty awesome gloves. They are 'tactical' gloves and you can get them in different guises, thicknesses material etc all for R200 ish

where do you find yours in CT?

You also get really thin summer MX gloves that look and feel just as vented as the MTB options.

Agreed, you do get them, but at what cost?

I will be honest, I haven't been into a bike shop in well over a year, just went online to one of the decent online stores, seems their prices have come down actually, I might "need" some new gloves ????

Edited by Chadvdw67

On the *completely* different end of the scale, Spez's 2021 kit has just dropped locally.

The effects of our weak ZAR (not that it's only that, I know) are now well and truly hitting us with all the new stuff reaching our shores.

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/enduro-pro-shorts/p/175031?color=280702-175031&searchText=64220-5000

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/atlas-xc-comp-shorts/p/175016?color=280641-175016&searchText=64220-3100

Agreed, you do get them, but at what cost?

I will be honest, I haven't been into a bike shop in well over a year, just went online to one of the decent online stores, seems their prices have come down actually, I might "need" some new gloves

Been a little while since I bought a pair, but I found them to always be more cost effective the the various LBS's I frequent.

On the *completely* different end of the scale, Spez's 2021 kit has just dropped locally.

The effects of our weak ZAR (not that it's only that, I know) are now well and truly hitting us with all the new stuff reaching our shores.

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/enduro-pro-shorts/p/175031?color=280702-175031&searchText=64220-5000

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/atlas-xc-comp-shorts/p/175016?color=280641-175016&searchText=64220-3100

PT/rugby shorts it will be then when looking at those prices.

For R200?!!

Please do tell us where because that sounds like the price you paid for the last pair 10yrs ago