2020 UCI Road World Championships: Imola – Emilia-Romagna

Vetplant

Woutkop must accept he is now a marked man, no one will take him to the line, best could have done today was make an alliance with someone else to work with to chase down JAP and they would be assured of at least  a podium, instead they dithered, and he pulled too little too late.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was never really a fan of the little frenchi, but what a massive effort and well deserved result today.

You can see by his emotions that it means a lot to him.

BIG RESPECT Monsieur Alaphilippe

Awesome race today, yesterday, well seems more could have been done by the chasers. Easy to say I guess,

One question: IF Podg had saved his attack for one lap later, which might have been the outcome? Obviously Rodg was the Slovian man, but .....

Maybe Alaphilippe would've been with him and he would still have won. If is something of a guessing game. Hard to know what might or might not have happened.

Awesome race today, yesterday, well seems more could have been done by the chasers. Easy to say I guess,

One question: IF Podg had saved his attack for one lap later, which might have been the outcome? Obviously Rodg was the Slovian man, but .....

Its mind boggling that a select group comprising Fuglsang, Van Aert, Roglic, Hirschi and Kwiatkowski could not chase him down.... But thats road racing for you, nobody except the guy winning wants to bury themselves in case someone else might beat them 

I wonder of Roglic and Podg were communicating with each other, it looked like to me that Podg was sacrificing himself for Roglic, but Roglic's engine room ran out of steam

Fuglsang, Van Aert, Roglic, Hirschi and Kwiatkowski 

Its mind boggling that a select group comprising Fuglsang, Van Aert, Roglic, Hirschi and Kwiatkowski could not chase him down.... But thats road racing for you, nobody except the guy winning wants to bury themselves in case someone else might beat them 

I wonder of Roglic and Podg were communicating with each other, it looked like to me that Podg was sacrificing himself for Roglic, but Roglic's engine room ran out of steam

Fuglsang, Van Aert, Roglic, Hirschi and Kwiatkowski 

I was referring the ladies race yesterday, once Anna went it was tickets, the bunch seems apathetic.

Today, same  kind of scenario but the reason they didn't TTT was because of Wout (it seems) also he was not taking pulls so there was a non-cooperative dynamic which meant JAP kept his gap.

Was never really a fan of the little frenchi, but what a massive effort and well deserved result today.

You can see by his emotions that it means a lot to him.

BIG RESPECT Monsieur Alaphilippe

I think he’s great for racing - mistiming attacks and imploding, leg shakes and animation

He’s exciting and fun to watch whether he gets it right or not. I’m glad he won because he goes for it

just bought myself the french kit for the world championship, can't wait to have it Gonna have to let the beard grow a bit

Is he trying to look like Tony Stark? 

just bought myself the french kit for the world championship, can't wait to have it Gonna have to let the beard grow a bit

I want a Belgian kit. Best looking of them all. Ours leave much to be desired.. 

Woutkop must accept he is now a marked man, no one will take him to the line, best could have done today was make an alliance with someone else to work with to chase down JAP and they would be assured of at least  a podium, instead they dithered, and he pulled too little too late.

new Sagan. 

Wow, what a race, Juliean, Allan and Philip worked so well together to stay away from the chasers. We have seen most of his wins come like this, massive attack, then the group explodes behind not wanting to work. 

What a winner!

Also well done to Spain and Italy taking 6 riders each to the final climb all to get dropped together. 

Lots of chatter in Flemish and Dutch media about Roglic not doing enough for WvA in pulling back Alaphilipe

reading that as well. Sounds like sour grapes. WvA said Roglic did all he could. I think Roglic, Fuglsang, Van Aert, Hirshi and Kwaito needed to be more structured about pulling JA back. Instead they were half hearted because they were watching WvA all the time. The result is they all lost out