Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the four roadies (black and white tops), on your very expensive bikes in the Main Road of Paarl, holding up a line of cars whilst you are riding well abreast of each other. NOT COOL, not cool at all when we are, on a daily basis, delving in to the reasons for the issues between cyclists and motorists. NEE MAN, wees lekker!

31 minutes ago, duringd said:

To the four roadies (black and white tops), on your very expensive bikes in the Main Road of Paarl, holding up a line of cars whilst you are riding well abreast of each other. NOT COOL, not cool at all when we are, on a daily basis, delving in to the reasons for the issues between cyclists and motorists. NEE MAN, wees lekker!

I'd rather be one of those 4 roadies than @'Dale right now...

4 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

I was warming up to meet my training group this morning and was inside the yellow shoulder on the way to Cape Town stadium. Then the TV channel switched and I was flung somewhere and, getting up, I couldn’t see the car. The rear view mirror and fender guard left behind on the scene was off a Renault Kwid, not many of them around.

I am privileged to have an excellent health care network around me and hope to fully recover - very eina right leg, fractured ribs and scrapes and bruises, fortunately my spine and brain intact.

I am a lucky man. Please send healing vibes, Peoples.💛

IMG_5955.jpeg

This is hectic, be grateful you alive. All the best with your recovery

Had a convo with Dale today. He's "OK", no broken bones, spinal or head injuries. Only a lot of soft tissue damage.

He hopes to be discharged from hospital either today or tomorrow. Then it's a few weeks of intensive rehab.

Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, Mate. 

5 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

I was warming up to meet my training group this morning and was inside the yellow shoulder on the way to Cape Town stadium. Then the TV channel switched and I was flung somewhere and, getting up, I couldn’t see the car. The rear view mirror and fender guard left behind on the scene was off a Renault Kwid, not many of them around.

I am privileged to have an excellent health care network around me and hope to fully recover - very eina right leg, fractured ribs and scrapes and bruises, fortunately my spine and brain intact.

IMG_5955.jpeg

OUCH !!!

Glad you are "okay(ish)" ....

Heal up quick and proper bud :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

All things considered, I felt tense riding Victoria drive last week ...

I decided to stay off the roads and out of the chaos ...

Hopefully things will settle after championship weekend.

Has anyone else noticed the increase in reckless driving by minibus taxis between Bakoven and Suikerbossie during the week lately?

Either there is an increase in the number of taxis on that route and they're just driving like taxis or the few that have always run that route are just driving more recklessly which is why they are standing out. I have seen 3 very near misses (with cars when overtaking irresponsibly and bikes when they wander into the yellow line) in the last couple weeks.

Only reading this now, to learn about @'Dale
All the best mate, wishing you a full recovery.

7 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

IMG_5955.jpeg

@Dale….not nice to read, ever! Heal up soon. Looking forward to seeing your awesome photographs being posted again.

All the best with the recovery @Dale 

Look forward to your photo’s and new miss. PS that EF team frame is not looking to bad.

9 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Me.

IMG_5955.jpeg

Heal up Dale