Training after Coronavirus

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I started showing symptoms on Monday 4th. But on the Sun my HR was just over 50. usually low 40's. Then on Monday hit 56. Tues back to 50. Then from Thurs back to 42 and next few days mid 30's. Today is 10 days and 42 today. So HR seems good indicator something wrong.

My other numbers on HRV also tanked. Even though the Sat had a great training ride for 3 hrs with 20 min efforts at AT. Sunday felt good but as numbers so bad took day off. Also to see if numbers result of training stress or sick. But Monday tanked even more.

HRV back to normal, but still dont feel 100% ready to ride.

I started showing symptoms on Monday 4th. But on the Sun my HR was just over 50. usually low 40's. Then on Monday hit 56. Tues back to 50. Then from Thurs back to 42 and next few days mid 30's. Today is 10 days and 42 today. So HR seems good indicator something wrong.

My other numbers on HRV also tanked. Even though the Sat had a great training ride for 3 hrs with 20 min efforts at AT. Sunday felt good but as numbers so bad took day off. Also to see if numbers result of training stress or sick. But Monday tanked even more.

HRV back to normal, but still dont feel 100% ready to ride.

I'm led to believe this is why things like the whoop band and oura ring are pretty good at early detection of covid

How soon before it becomes some sort of fashion/trend to have had "the 'vid"

you such a tool greek boy!

I’ve just had it and getting on the bike is going to be a long process for me...........grow up!

you such a tool greek boy!

I’ve just had it and getting on the bike is going to be a long process for me...........grow up!

slow down with the insults, it was a simple question.

In this day and age is becomes cool/fashionable amongst those that think they are cool/fashionable to brag that you've had XYZ or done ABC.

I was in no way downplaying the virus and certainly hope it never becomes cool/fashionable to have had it.

To all those that have had the virus, how do you think you actually caught it?

For example, not following the CV prevention guidelines, from a work contact, social contact or sport contact...or no idea and you followed all the guidlines, ...etc

For those that might, lets not pick an argument with anyone for being honest about it, rather take it as an opportunity to learn something  :thumbup:

We established, after the fact, that my Fiancèes Physiotherapist, at the time an anti COVID libtard, affected her after a torture session. Said physio was a super spreader and went on to infect family, friends and colleagues.

Fiancèe recovered after a bout of persistent coughing and the usual fever, fatigue, loss of taste / smell etc.

I ended up in Hospital for 6 days. Thankfully not ICU but in a secluded ward with a breathing support through my nostrils (not intubated or ventilator).

This was mid November and I've just started getting back into the fitness routine. As they say...the struggle was real.

For example, not following the CV prevention guidelines, from a work contact, social contact or sport contact...or no idea and you followed all the guidlines, ...etc

For those that might, lets not pick an argument with anyone for being honest about it, rather take it as an opportunity to learn something :thumbup:

I've done one ride since covid and took 11days off before taking the mtb for a spin.

Kept hr as low a s possible, max was 132b and avg 102bpm over 35k's, must admit is very boring and not even a drop of sweat.

I believe this virus can attack again after a few days/weeks so from riding daily i only ride once a week till i feel more comfortable. Hearing to much *** news about people who trained and passed from a heart attack.

Rather chill now so that i can still enjoy it till an older age ;)

Not sure where we contracted this thing, between me and the wife we both had it although she wanted to get teated.

Must've been while doing grocery shopping before new years...

Some ongoing research to use HRV to predict both onset of Covid as well as readiness to start training:

https://health.mountsinai.org/blog/mount-sinai-reseachers-use-apple-watch-to-predict-covid-19/

HRV is very interesting, not that i know a lot about it (that's my wife's department). I have for the last couple of month been taking HRV regularly, and I can see the effects of certain events (stress, lack of sleep, overdrinking) has on one's HRV. 

It's all about data analysis though, and the data is only as good as the app you are using to track it. 

Biggest factor for my HRV dips has been stress, which affects sleep, which affects energy levels and mental strength. As mentioned it's a new and vast field, and there are all sorts of new research relating to various aspects of HRV.

For those that might, lets not pick an argument with anyone for being honest about it, rather take it as an opportunity to learn something :thumbup:

Attended a braai with some friends to celebrate him having a kid. 3 of us got symptoms on the same day and the 4th (Asymptomatic) find out he had it when he tried to go for an operation. 1st time I let my guard down and got hit.

HRV is very interesting, not that i know a lot about it (that's my wife's department). I have for the last couple of month been taking HRV regularly, and I can see the effects of certain events (stress, lack of sleep, overdrinking) has on one's HRV. 

It's all about data analysis though, and the data is only as good as the app you are using to track it. 

Biggest factor for my HRV dips has been stress, which affects sleep, which affects energy levels and mental strength. As mentioned it's a new and vast field, and there are all sorts of new research relating to various aspects of HRV.

I've just purchased HRV4Training app for iphone, going to give it a go and see what data and feedback I get from it.

They say you can use it with a HR Strap or use the camera, I'll try both and see 

My ex brother inlaw tested positive mid December.

I am not sure of the severity of his infection.

Last Sunday he went for a ride, had a heart attack and died that night.

Anybody here measure their HRV regularly and had COVID ? interesting to see results.

I went through the logs on my Apple Watch and the time I think I had the VID, my HRV was as low as 22mS and averaging around 35 for 5 - 7 days. My average for today is 72 and given my age, above 60 is great.

I will check the wife’s later as she uses the watch as a daily time telling device so it should be more accurate vat mine that is used to track running, sleeping etc.

Edited by Edereese