Am I being unreasonable here?

RobertWhitehead

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say that any person that is so adamant on murdering their reputation in the age of social media is just totally stoopid. Why people still think that pulling stunts like this will go unnoticed still evades my logic.

Note to self: avoid buying anything from a Morne van Rensburg from Stellies.

That escalated quickly, the latest reply from the seller is that I can return the fork to him and once his received it he will return my money. 

I sent him a message on this add asking if the Reccon was still available:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/mountain-bike-forks/448184/silverback-sido-3-parts  

He replied on WhatsApp informing me that this fork was sold but that he had this one still available (images of WhatsApp chat attached). 

He has now encouraged me to go ahead and do what I must and that he thinks that I am being dishonest for not wanting to return the fork to him without receiving my money back. 

I will list the fork later today for sale, I think a nice touch would be to add a link to this discussion in the ad as well  :clap:

Dude that is BS

He pays you and then you send it

You had to to PAY him before sending it to you

I have no idea, it is possible. I have never met him before but he did mention that he owns a service center

check if the cell number is the same 072 235 3385

Edit

Yes people it is Morne from technoguide

He has a website where he listed the phone number above 

And profile pic on whatsap is same as what OP posted here

https://mornevanrensburg.wixsite.com/technoguide

PS: Remember what I posted here is in the public domain allready on his website is his phone number. You add the phone number whatsapp and you see the profile picture.

0722353Edit38072230722353385533855

Way to go to screw up your business Morné !

Edit:  What I don't get, you can loose a lot more than R3.6k, don't be stupid.

The only way to redeem yourself somewhat is to unconditionally apologies (publicly for everyone to see) and a full refund.  If not, you will suffer the consequence by means of a dying business.

Edited by TheoG

Edit

Yes people is is Morne. from technoguide

PS: Remember what I posted here is in the public domain allready on his website is his phone number. You add the phone number whatsapp and you see the profile picture.

Emma Sadleir letter on its way :whistling:

Edit

Yes people is is Morne. from technoguide

Yip cellphone number is on the ad on the other item he is selling also.

That escalated quickly, the latest reply from the seller is that I can return the fork to him and once his received it he will return my money. 

I sent him a message on this add asking if the Reccon was still available:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/mountain-bike-forks/448184/silverback-sido-3-parts  

He replied on WhatsApp informing me that this fork was sold but that he had this one still available (images of WhatsApp chat attached). 

He has now encouraged me to go ahead and do what I must and that he thinks that I am being dishonest for not wanting to return the fork to him without receiving my money back. 

I will list the fork later today for sale, I think a nice touch would be to add a link to this discussion in the ad as well  :clap:

photos with the thruaxle on....he he.

I'd have to say that any person that is so adamant on murdering their reputation in the age of social media is just totally stoopid. Why people still think that pulling stunts like this will go unnoticed still evades my logic.

Note to self: avoid buying anything from a Morne van Rensburg from Stellies.

The Hub will remember when elephants have forgotten