Even In The USA

love2fly

Dude, this has been a thing in the USA, UK and plenty parts of Europe and all over. Even before SA.
**** man, your bike is safer here with a standard bike lock at the shops than most places in Paris/London even.

Dude, this has been a thing in the USA, UK and plenty parts of Europe and all over. Even before SA.

**** man, your bike is safer here with a standard bike lock at the shops than most places in Paris/London even.

I was watching an episode of GMBN about locking up bicycles .... I had to take a second look.  Very significant theft risk on that side of the pond !!

Hahaha most white South Africans think its only here that we have problems... The US and Europe are some incredible utopia where everyone is decent.... Shame.

So many Saffas that moved to the UK out of fear of the crime in SA only to be mugged and broken into there more than once.

Oh the little bubbles people live in.

So many Saffas that moved to the UK out of fear of the crime in SA only to be mugged and broken into there more than once.

Lol...How many of them got shot over there then?

But they live to tell the tale, unlike many cases in SA

I was watching an episode of GMBN about locking up bicycles .... I had to take a second look.  Very significant theft risk on that side of the pond !!

No jokes, ironically Doddy also worked with MBUK/MBI in the early 90s. I remember an eight page feature they did on bike thefts in the various metropols. There were a couple gangs operating with a white van, at one uni library they rocked up. Took and entire bike rack out the ground and scampered.

One of the current issues is yobs stealing scooters, broad daylight.

Friend of mine was in France for two months over Dec/Jan, his company is based in Paris and they refused to allow him to bring his bike indoors. Security were adamant that they wouldn't guarantee it's safety even been locked to a lampost in full view of security.

As much as 600 000 bikes are stolen in the Netherlands annually. 

In Canada it is also a huge problem were thieves will break into your shed steal bikes and power tools. 

Where there are hungry mouths to feed and no steady income theft is present. 

Welcome to planet Earth! 

Petty theft is massive in europe, you can’t leave your phone on the table while eating outside in the streets in most big cities, or leave your bike on the rack at the back of your car. If you lock your bike in the street, you’ll be happy if you still have a frame left with your lock. People will steal your saddle and your wheels...

On the opposite, it’s very unlikely to get stabbed for your bike or phone. Crime here is a lot more brutal.

Edited by Jbr

Crime in Europe was minimal about 35 years ago. London was as safe as it gets. But then “us fellows” from this continent and other interesting places start to arive in droves and borough with them doctors and scientists and a lot of other types who steal and murder. Poverty is no excuses for violent crime - There is minimal violent crime in India and China. It's relatively safe there. South African leaders have condoned violent crime and have not responded responsibly- so good tax paying citerziens die every day in SA. The crime stats are so high in SA police station heads have to sencor the numbers or they find them self in remote posts!

Edited by Forthelove

Crime is everywhere yip.  Yes we even had a double murder not too far from here a few years ago.  The difference though is huge.  The double murder was not the norm and made headline news all over Germany.  Motive for the killing, family of the care giver (Polish) got sniff in the nose that the old couple had 50 000€ cash stored in the house.  Robbery turned ugly.  But within weeks the whole lot (5 suspects) were fished out of Poland where they were hiding and are sitting behind bars now.

Here where I live, bicycles are parked on the street.  Cars are parked on the streets.  Once  every couple of years you might hear of a bicycle that got stolen (that was left unlocked) or a pair of shoes that got stolen from the front door.  Other than that I don't worry about security.  Often forget to leave the car unlocked outside, etc.

I am quite happy actually in my bubble thank you.