TMNP Activity Card system - there has to be a better way

Stephan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

This is progress, but what is needed is a means of buying the day permit for mtbiking. So somebody who wants to take their chances with the muggers at Deer Park/Table Mtn can ride legally if they don't have an Activity Permit. 

A simple little thing like snapscan bar codes at the trail heads where one can get a day visitor entry should be the simple solution that can get good revenue in for Sanparks .

1 hour ago, marko35s said:

Now, almost unbelievably, available online - 

https://www.sanparks.org/tickets/permits/

Seems like a simple enough process (register, submit details, pay and download) with no need for photos and you can still do the discounted four person deal.

I think the official announcement is due to go out in the next few days but the website is working now.

Thanks Mark, this is great progress even if it (SanParks) moves at the speed of an ox wagon 

Edited by DieselnDust

Seems like a simple enough process (register, submit details, pay and download) with no need for photos and you can still do the discounted four person deal.

I think the official announcement is due to go out in the next few days but the website is working now.

Thank you for this link.

ZAR735.00 a year for an MTB permit and, by all accounts, they provide nothing in return. 

i just did mine and 3 other mates...

seems strange no photo's required and the permit they sent on pdf, stating must be kept and shown with id and or drivers license... which is a bit of schlep.

... other than that if you have all the details of you and your mates, it can take less than 5 minutes...

28 minutes ago, Meezo said:

seems strange no photo's required and the permit they sent on pdf, stating must be kept and shown with id and or drivers license... which is a bit of schlep.

... other than that if you have all the details of you and your mates, it can take less than 5 minutes...

5 minutes if you have mates...

I'm trying to buy friends over here! They're slacker than a Grim Donut's geo..

33 minutes ago, Meezo said:

Phots would add to the admin. Your ID number is on the permit and likely you will have a drivers license of ID card with you anyway so they’ve enabled a streamlined solution. 

Just now, DieselnDust said:

Phots would add to the admin. Your ID number is on the permit and likely you will have a drivers license of ID card with you anyway so they’ve enabled a streamlined solution. 

i'm not complaining... just found it interesting

here's my real world scenario... i leave home on my bike... with my house keys, a safety device (hand pump or baton) and my cellphone!

in the past i had a photo of my activity permit, this includes the photo and was never an issue accessing tokai...

now, i got a pdf with my permit on, has my id number home address etc, but whats their validation... i do have a photo of my drivers and id on my phone anyway... but yeh its a big win than having to mission to tokai to do the permits

8 minutes ago, BikeGenie said:

i messaged 2 whatsapp groups, and got a few responses... i was happy to do the admin

2 minutes ago, Meezo said:

i'm not complaining... just found it interesting

here's my real world scenario... i leave home on my bike... with my house keys, a safety device (hand pump or baton) and my cellphone!

in the past i had a photo of my activity permit, this includes the photo and was never an issue accessing tokai...

now, i got a pdf with my permit on, has my id number home address etc, but whats their validation... i do have a photo of my drivers and id on my phone anyway... but yeh its a big win than having to mission to tokai to do the permits

Just carry a pic of your drivers license as well. They never check my photo on entry anyway because they know me well. A day visitor will likely be asked for a ID or passport or residence card to accompany the .pdf.

you can always add your photo to the .pdf if you like for additional security. 

3 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

Try calling Chris at Bikepark Uitsig, as far as I know he is still collecting groups of people for joint permits.

3 hours ago, BikeGenie said:

People actually believe you on here and that you have no friends... if only they knew...