• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/24/2023 at 11:25 AM, splat said:

Quite a journey from quite a character.
Some of you may remember the 'Ladies and Bicycles' thread from a few years ago.
After seeing a comment about herself, Imogen sent a message to Admin and he correctly froze that thread. It was a watershed moment in the history of Bike Hub.

https://velo.outsideonline.com/road/unsung-heroes-imogen-cotter-on-coming-back-from-a-near-death-experience/

I am lucky enough to work with/coach her, She is an amazing person with an incredible drive to succeed. To understand where she was post crash to now is almost hard to believe he has come back to this level.

Edited by J Wakefield

• 2 weeks later...

And so it begins:

Team SD Worx vs the rest? 
Can the dominant Annemiek end her career in fine style or is it the turn for her compatriot in Demi to wear yellow?

Here’s hoping Ashleigh can grab a stage win. She delayed retirement again by resigning with AG Insurance - Soudal Quickstep.

May many girls be inspired to race up the Tourmalet one day.

Pic: Lidl-Trek

IMG_1950.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

And so it begins:

Can the dominant Annemiek end her career in fine style or is it the turn for her compatriot in Demi to wear yellow?

Here’s hoping Ashleigh can grab a stage win. She delayed retirement again by resigning with AG Insurance - Soudal Quickstep.

IMG_1950.jpeg

#MiekItHappen 😎

On 6/24/2023 at 11:25 AM, splat said:

Quite a journey from quite a character.
Some of you may remember the 'Ladies and Bicycles' thread from a few years ago.
After seeing a comment about herself, Imogen sent a message to Admin and he correctly froze that thread. It was a watershed moment in the history of Bike Hub.

https://velo.outsideonline.com/road/unsung-heroes-imogen-cotter-on-coming-back-from-a-near-death-experience/

Top be fair, that thread deserved to be shut down.

It was basically page 3 of the Sun with live smutty comments.

Stoked Imogen could come back from a head on crash with a car. Most people don't live to tell the tale never mind get back to world tour levels.

That was a dramatic stage 2 with final 30 mins turning into slippery technical sections m and a temperature drop. Really well earned win for the German champs jersey who’s been so consistent. She crashed earlier with the rainbow jersey too, once in the neutral zone and once later in the race That was the biggest win of her career.

“I always race well in the rain… I was actually happy when it started… I’ve been waiting so long for a win…” - L Lippert

The racing is intense. Lots of crashes. Lots of tears too. 

On 7/23/2023 at 12:18 PM, 'Dale said:

And so it begins:

IMG_1950.jpeg

Early days but Ashleigh is competing incredibly well, 3rd on GC and wearing the green jersey. Astounding how asleep at the wheel we are on our local coverage, easily one of the highest-performing riders from SA. 

13 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Early days but Ashleigh is competing incredibly well, 3rd on GC and wearing the green jersey. Astounding how asleep at the wheel we are on our local coverage, easily one of the highest-performing riders from SA. 

Before the race she even received a compliment from PL.

An article in Escape she was the only rider mentioned by FDJ that was willing to work.

Looks like she will racing next year as well!!

Edited by DJuice

She looks fantastic at the moment. Spent some time at altitude as well just before the Tour started. Honestly, outside of AVV and Vollering, that third spot is up for grabs. And that Tourmalet stage is right up her sleeve. So if she conserves energy I think she can do really well on that stage. She’s already shown that she can drop AVV so fingers crossed it happens again. 

35 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Keep an eye out for Ash today, she took it easy yesterday with the hope of giving it beans on todays lumpy stage 🤙

Go Ash, would be awesome if she could take a stage win or three..... 👏🏅🚲🙋‍♀️

Race is starting to become real interesting now. I have a few thoughts though:

1. The tactics of SD Works is pretty questionable. SD Works are probably the most dysfunctional team I’ve ever come across. They seem to complicate everything for some reason which just boggles my mind. One minute Kopecky is attacking off the front, then she’s back with the group then she’s attacking again, then she’s on the radio looking for instructions, then she’s looking across the peloton to her teammates who are on the other side of the road. Then Vollering is riding on the front closing the gap to her teammate, meanwhile they still have a teammate up front in the breakaway who they never asked to drop back when it was clear there was no chance of a stage win. It’s an absolute comedy fest at SD Works. 

2. Vollering is by far the strongest rider. I think it’s clear that AVV is not at the level. She wasn’t at the level earlier in the year as well and she only won the Vuelta because again SD Works and their peegate tactics. The only way AVV wins this tour is by SD Works messing this up again and I think there is a good chance it could happen. If Im AVV, I would attack before the Tourmalet already and let SD Works just completely self destruct. 

3. Ashleigh is again looking really good on terrain that is not really her strength. I have big hopes for her on that Tourmalet stage. It’s a long climb and perfectly suited to her. If she can conserve energy and just ride at her own power, i think she’ll do really well. AVV really does not look good at all but she always seems to pull something out so I don’t wanna pre-empt it but I think Ash can beat her on Saturday. Let’s hope.

And just as I posted this, this morning. SDWorks yet again show just how incompetent they are. This team is going to cost Vollering this tour. I can already see how this is going to play out. 

They’re clearly a team of individuals who all want their own things. How no one waited for Vollering is beyond me and she actually got lucky that the penalty was only 20 seconds. It’s comical tactics at this point. Reusser attacks up the road then all of a sudden just stops working with Movistar. Kopecky way to far out and they lose another stage. It’s hilarious 😂 

I find the differences in the style of racing between the men and woman fascinating. The woman seem far less secure in what they do - they are for ever on the radios or dropping back to the cars. And this is not just SD Works. 

Ashley: They were talking about her yesterday during the coverage of the race and commented on how well she is riding this season. Her change in training as well as the change in team were some of the things mentioned.