The Women’s WorldTour: News, Updates, Chirps

'Dale

My hypothesis is that Demi went too early on the Gladon.

She quite easily took a minute out of Kasia but then had to do the long slog through the valley by herself, leaving her depleted on the Alpe d"Huez.

I reckon that if she had waited with the attack till AdH she would have had a better chance.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Of course, there are a lot of ifs. If I would stand up a little bit earlier, if I would jump on the bike a little bit earlier, if I would win in Liège, if yesterday I had attacked a little bit earlier. There are so many ifs, but you can’t buy anything from ifs. I can think very long about that, but it only makes me sad. I think the way I raced today, I can be proud of that.

~ Demi Vollering

Kasia must give Trek Lidl a huge present\thank you for pulling her/helping her on the valley. If not for that her TdF was lost. That helped get 30secs back

6 hours ago, Jensie said:

Kasia must give Trek Lidl a huge present\thank you for pulling her/helping her on the valley. If not for that her TdF was lost. That helped get 30secs back

She did thank them in her interview

40 minutes ago, babse said:

any thoughts on making the tour de femmes longer? 

Totally against this.

I think the fact that women’s racing generally is shorter (stage lengths and stages) compared to mens, makes the whole event more exciting. 

I dont wanna get into the whole men vs women debate and don’t really wanna hit some nerves. But physiologically, men are stronger and faster than women in general. I don’t see what benefit a longer tour will make. Stages will become more boring and the winners will be more predictable. 

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Totally against this.

I think the fact that women’s racing generally is shorter (stage lengths and stages) compared to mens, makes the whole event more exciting. 

I dont wanna get into the whole men vs women debate and don’t really wanna hit some nerves. But physiologically, men are stronger and faster than women in general. I don’t see what benefit a longer tour will make. Stages will become more boring and the winners will be more predictable. 

Adding a TT day will be lekker. 

2 hours ago, Bub Marley said:

Totally against this.

Perhaps the organisers need to cram the stages into a week, rather than 3, makes it more 'bang for buck'? Fewer dull 'transfer' stages?

personally, the women's racing is closer and seems to be more 'seat of the pants'.

Are the 1 week men's races as exciting as what we saw this weekend? I feel I should know the answer, but for me, it's either 1 day or 3 weeks...

11 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

Perhaps the organisers need to cram the stages into a week, rather than 3, makes it more 'bang for buck'? Fewer dull 'transfer' stages?

personally, the women's racing is closer and seems to be more 'seat of the pants'.

Are the 1 week men's races as exciting as what we saw this weekend? I feel I should know the answer, but for me, it's either 1 day or 3 weeks...

I would keep the men’s race at 3 weeks but shorten the stage lengths. You don’t need to do over 200km just flat. Those are pretty boring bar the final 5km’s. 

But the men’s race is way more advanced in terms of the entire field. In other words the fitness level across the whole field is a lot more consistent. This isn’t the case with the ladies so essentially what would happen is the less strong women would really suffer if it it was longer than 7 days and you’d have this select group that is just way better than the rest. This is already evident just in the way teams ride in the women’s race. It’s a lot more individual compared to the men. One thing I have noticed in the last 2 years since the start of the women’s Tour de France is that the women find it much harder to control a breakaway and that’s mainly because the teams as a whole are not as strong as the men’s. 

Demi to FDJ, I think?

Pauline to Vlisma

Anna returns to SDWorkx

2025 GC contest is gonna be very intriguing 

On 8/20/2024 at 9:00 AM, 'Dale said:

Demi to FDJ, I think?

Pauline to Vlisma

Anna returns to SDWorkx

2025 GC contest is gonna be very intriguing 

And Anna used to train Demi so those two know a lot about each other i.t.o strengths and weaknesses 

SD Works had too many superstars on the team and the spectator is the winner (just like Rogi's move to Bora)

• 2 weeks later...

The splendid Kasia, who hasn’t won a race for many seasons and then won Gravel Worlds rainbow, a freezing Flèche Wallone, and the maillot jaune in 2024. What a cool human being too.

”Even when Demi beat me by 30 seconds in the time trial, I knew it was gonna be okay. I was able to redirect my negative thoughts  and focus on…”

Edited by 'Dale