Cape Town Cycle Tour 2022

Pure Savage

40 minutes ago, HdB said:

Depends quite a bit on your average everywhere else :)
But, if you can average a smidge over 20km/h on these two late in the race,
you can probably average a high enough speed for the rest to make (or just not) a sub-3.

In 2020 I averaged about 17 on Suikerbossie and did a 3:03 so 20+ seems about right for just sub-3.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, HdB said:

Depends quite a bit on your average everywhere else :)
But, if you can average a smidge over 20km/h on these two late in the race,
you can probably average a high enough speed for the rest to make (or just not) a sub-3.

Forget what I said. I'm illiterate.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

6 minutes ago, HdB said:

For the whole race? About 37.
Or to cut it really really close, 36.34:
image.png.d83d9b5d03f382ef4f378c95a1cb12d4.png

Ja I am illiterate and can't read.

5 hours ago, K20Champ said:

on average, when riding a sub 3, what is the target speeds and times up Chappies and Suikerbossie?

You want to ride the segment from the entrance to the larnie lake view gated housing estate to the top of suikerbossie in about 35min.

tou want to get there innnonlonger than 2hr05min leaving you 20min from the top of suikerbossie to the finish. This is touch and go stuff, 2:59:59 to be more comfortable you want to get to the bonin sun valley in 2hr. If not rather enjoy the view

Hi All.
I'm starting in 1B at 6:40am and I would like to ride into town as a warm up with a couple of people to get to the start.
I live in Tableview, does anybody or groups within the area have a similar idea? It would be cool if I can meet up and tag along on the ride in.
If you or you know of anyone who will be doing this. Please send me a PM.
Thanks, lekker!

36 minutes ago, ChaseTheAce said:

Hi All.
I'm starting in 1B at 6:40am and I would like to ride into town as a warm up with a couple of people to get to the start.
I live in Tableview, does anybody or groups within the area have a similar idea? It would be cool if I can meet up and tag along on the ride in.
If you or you know of anyone who will be doing this. Please send me a PM.
Thanks, lekker!

I think I saw your message on the TV Neighbours FB group ;) I'll be cycling to the start from woodbridge island, but a bit earlier. You'll probably see other cyclists on their way to the start around that time though ;) Enjoy

6 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I think I saw your message on the TV Neighbours FB group ;) I'll be cycling to the start from woodbridge island, but a bit earlier. You'll probably see other cyclists on their way to the start around that time though ;) Enjoy

I will be coming from Blouberg at 05ish. Not a local.

What route would be best to take to the start please?
Was thinking of following the bus route

Just now, Zeffer said:

I will be coming from Blouberg at 05ish. Not a local.

What route would be best to take to the start please?
Was thinking of following the bus route

I haven't used the bus/cycle path in town much in ages, but I used it once in a big group and was happy to see that there were police cars there now, not sure if they police it on regular bases but it used to be a hotspot so everyone stopped using it.

Personnaly I'll be using the cycle path until paarden eiland then on the road all the way into town (including that little bit on the n1)

32 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Yes that was me!
Ah ok, so I take it its quite popular for people cycling in then. I'll just make some friends on the way.

55 minutes ago, ChaseTheAce said:

Yes that was me!
Ah ok, so I take it its quite popular for people cycling in then. I'll just make some friends on the way.

I think so hey, last year I parked at on tap paarden eiland and joined a big train of CCC guys all the way to town, maybe I just got lucky 

Good news (or maybe not so good news due to my distinct lack of training)

I will be doing my 18th CTCT this year. Thanks to Eddy and and the accommodating staff at the CTCT Race Office. 

I will just wing it on my hybrid, hoping my knowledge of the route will enable me to finish without suffering too much. Anything less than 5hrs will be a bonus to me.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:14 PM, Shebeen said:

Fish hoek main road could be fun.

In the past the kalk bay main road schedule did work around this date. Who knows if this is an issue or not.

274710944_10158592853377335_3040432786472784513_n.jpg

image.png.81c3ea7ca773cf19be1e6ade9c930760.png

looks like COCT takes the Argus seriously!