Tour de France 2022

'Dale

15 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

huh? He was disqualified and kicked out of the race. 

He won an appeal, but he was still ejected from the race. So no, we can argue technicalities, but he did not complete the 2017 TDF because DQ.

The appeal was perhaps correct re a DQ, but he was not innocent in the incident.

So the big picture of Sagan getting in trouble is the point, not technicalities. 

The point is that his sprint antics yesterday are no surprise and nothing new. The end. 

Also, cheers. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Sagan.  But here he was guilty as hell, how his appeal succeeded is beyond me ...

Edit:  Sure his "intent" was to win the stage not to make Cav fall, but the fact is he was still the cause of the fall ....

Edited by TheoG

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jcza said:

Bloke that should be in jail for dodgy sprinting wins the stage but hubbers are talking about Sagan…. LOL 😂 

...and no mention of Wout's really dodge sprint, where the definition of a straight line was not just taken to the limit but pulled outside, beat up and mocked. I thought he'd get a penalty for that sprint but as always, the line is a point of view, especially the commissaires. But the social media focus is on Sagan...😆

17 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Don't get me wrong, I like Sagan.  But here he was guilty as hell, how his appeal succeeded is beyond me ...

Edit:  Sure his "intent" was to win the stage not to make Cav fall, but the fact is he was still the cause of the fall ....

no he wasn't. Cavendish literally rode into Sagan, that's why the DQ was overturned. The UCI claimed Sagan should have left more space but in order to do so he would have needed to deviate from his line and into riders on his left, which would put him on the wrong side of the regulations. This was of course all a distraction from the real problem which was the finish straight funneled toward the line pinching all the riders into each other. 

10 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

no he wasn't. Cavendish literally rode into Sagan, that's why the DQ was overturned. The UCI claimed Sagan should have left more space but in order to do so he would have needed to deviate from his line and into riders on his left, which would put him on the wrong side of the regulations. This was of course all a distraction from the real problem which was the finish straight funneled toward the line pinching all the riders into each other. 

I looked at it again and again, amazing that we see different things on the same video, I simply cant see that Cav rode into Sagan.  Lets agree to disagree, its ancient history anyway ... 

11 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I looked at it again and again, amazing that we see different things on the same video, I simply cant see that Cav rode into Sagan.  Lets agree to disagree, its ancient history anyway ... 

agreed, time to move on from it. I posted previously what one of the videos used in the analysis revealed, his shifter hooking Sagan's arm (which is why the elbow comes out for balance), thats why Cav falls.

48 minutes ago, jcza said:

Amazing scenery from Denmark but quite dull racing. Lets hope things improve from tomorrow. 

They crossed a bridge... Lol

Crowds were massive and some local okes got a wave to their neighbors. 

Haha but yeah keen to get onto more exciting racing so we can have less Sagan fan boy handbag slinging here  

1 hour ago, jcza said:

Amazing scenery from Denmark but quite dull racing. Lets hope things improve from tomorrow. 

The course seems more inviting for a Breakaway to succeed on Stage 4 and even more so on the Arenberg Stage 5. Luckily my calendar is clean for Wednesday, but tomorrow afternoon requires some creative thinking...🤔

11 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

The course seems more inviting for a Breakaway to succeed on Stage 4 and even more so on the Arenberg Stage 5. Luckily my calendar is clean for Wednesday, but tomorrow afternoon requires some creative thinking...🤔

Loadshedding making the juggling even harder 

37 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

the main GC guys will be mindful of a breakaway, but also of their safety (stage 5), so won't be unduly concerned about a breakway upsetting the current GC apple cart. i wonder what WvA's role will be on the cobbles? try and smash it and hope for not another 2nd place, or guide Rog-a-log through the danger? could he lose yellow on a stage he'd be favourite to win?

12 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

the main GC guys will be mindful of a breakaway, but also of their safety (stage 5), so won't be unduly concerned about a breakway upsetting the current GC apple cart. i wonder what WvA's role will be on the cobbles? try and smash it and hope for not another 2nd place, or guide Rog-a-log through the danger? could he lose yellow on a stage he'd be favourite to win?

Word on the street is WvA will be chained to Rog and Jonas on those cobbles, but that doesn't mean he cannot sprint if he happens to be in the lead group going to the Finish line....

I think Wout will win on Stage 4 and will then be happy to work on Stage 5.

PS.Gotta love sport, we have no idea what is actually going to transpire.

3 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Word on the street is WvA will be chained to Rog and Jonas on those cobbles, but that doesn't mean he cannot sprint if he happens to be in the lead group going to the Finish line....

I think Wout will win on Stage 4 and will then be happy to work on Stage 5.

PS.Gotta love sport, we have no idea what is actually going to transpire.

yup, he's a rider that can do all things on a bike. let's see if he can do all the things at the same time. cobbled sections come regularly towards the finish - if there's a break, it'll be interesting to see a 'minder' in the bunch catch a break and then beat them too

Just now, lechatnoir said:

yup, he's a rider that can do all things on a bike. let's see if he can do all the things at the same time. cobbled sections come regularly towards the finish - if there's a break, it'll be interesting to see a 'minder' in the bunch catch a break and then beat them too

I can see something similar to what MvdP did in Amstel Gold a couple of years back....