Tour de France 2022

'Dale

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Looks as if Covid is having the last laugh again.

Impey out with Covid. No symptoms what so ever but tested positive.

Wonder how may more will be pulled as a result.

this sucks. The previous edition's bubble was so well-controlled. what's gone on this time? keeping in mind, it's not a 3-week bubble, but more like 6 or even 8 to ensure the riders and support crew can get to the start safely and stay safe.

Remarked to @Mamilthat we're likely to lose some big names this time round. hopefully we remember the next 3 weeks for more positive things

32 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Looks as if Covid is having the last laugh again.

Impey out with Covid. No symptoms what so ever but tested positive.

Wonder how may more will be pulled as a result.

That is very sad indeed ... ☹️

3 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

this sucks. The previous edition's bubble was so well-controlled. what's gone on this time? keeping in mind, it's not a 3-week bubble, but more like 6 or even 8 to ensure the riders and support crew can get to the start safely and stay safe.

Remarked to @Mamilthat we're likely to lose some big names this time round. hopefully we remember the next 3 weeks for more positive things

Using the words 'Covid' and 'positive' in the same sentence can be tricky...

Listening to Impey's post, he was totally asymptomatic and even joked that if had to be retested tomorrow, he would probably show as negative.

I just hope that it doesn't get out of control and that riders start getting pulled left, right and center

This could be with us for a very long time... the positives from a covid test.
I mean waking up with the sniffles might result in a positive.

15 minutes ago, Frosty said:

This could be with us for a very long time... the positives from a covid test.
I mean waking up with the sniffles might result in a positive.

I naively hoped that we could have a sports event without mask on the podium

59 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Listening to Impey's post, he was totally asymptomatic and even joked that if had to be retested tomorrow, he would probably show as negative.

I just hope that it doesn't get out of control and that riders start getting pulled left, right and center

And then we get cases like this:

9 minutes ago, splat said:

I naively hoped that we could have a sports event without mask on the podium

If wearing masks ensures a "safe" race for the Pros, so be it. I'd wear one if it meant no-one goes home because of someone else. Sad, but reality.

Nothing to do with the current discussion but I just wanted to get my tour podium predictions in:

1. Pogacar
  2. Vlasov
  3. Vingegaard

Top spot is probably everyone's choice and really no surprise. The only thing that is vaguely controversial is no Roglic, who I just think is not as strong in the mountains as the other two on the list. And I would have had Vingegaard at no2 but I think he will ship a bit of time while the team tries to work out who the leader is after Roglic initially looks the strongest but then starts to fade.

I'd love for Ben O'Connor (and Roglic for that matter) to prove me wrong.

I'm sure I heard that no rider has ever withdrawn from ASO event due to COVID 

3 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

The variants are now more infectious but less aggressive. this is why. Its not a bubble issue the controls and protocols are better than in 2020. All teams and riders follow them.

You cannot do a 6-8 week bubble. Mentally riders and people will crack and its unethical to implement there is enough stress and pressure already.