Coffee Debates

Which is the best post ride Coffee?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best post ride Coffee?

• Seattle Coffee
    • Starbucks
    • Vida e Caffe

38 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

When someone says "This." they are agreeing with you.
You quoted me agreeing with you and then defended the statement with which I agreed.

Let's just AGREE TO HAVE A COFFEE AND RIDE...????????????????????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, LUZERN said:

Fingers Crossed in Emmerentia/Linden for one of the best coffees in Jozi. Always consistently good.

Also always avoid the "chain" places

Also owned and run by an old Bikehub legend

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Best post ride coffee - by far.

If you know, you know. And then the whole reason for a ride anywhere in the vicinity is to justify some wortelkoek, or beer and pizza.

No photo description available.

Damn right.

10 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Often at an independent in the area that has a decent bean and barista. In my hood there are a plenty. Yield, Tilt, Croft, Little Deli, Oink & Moo, Fab, Fourth Ave, Delta Cafe, Vice, Fresh Earth, Junction, Jozi Mobile, Loof, The Richmond etc etc .... 

Seattle is always a safe bet though and along with Woolworths I've found them the most consistent. Vida can vary between spots. starbucks isn't coffee, in the same way toilet water isn't whisky. 

I hav never and will never drink Starbucks. Unless they pay for my Cape Epic entry????

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

We received a "donation" from our local coffee shop, so the right thing to do is drink their coffee. Have been since they opened at our ride's start/finish point. It's the way we like it.

And i know who you mean, wink wink...

5 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Best post ride coffee - by far.

If you know, you know. And then the whole reason for a ride anywhere in the vicinity is to justify some wortelkoek, or beer and pizza.

No photo description available.

Where is this? 

2 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Where is this? 

Contermanskloof trailhead in the Tygerberg hills in Cape Town's northern sides. The coffeeshop is called The Dairy Shed. 

Renowned for excellent coffee, the best carrot cake in the west and when the coffee and cake is not on the agenda, it can be replaced with some epic Starke Brew beers and Pizza.

I'm partial to the Black Rhino stout which shares its name with a proper black rated enduro run from the top of the hill (see my avatar pic for reference) and aptly spits you out a few 100 meters from the Dairy Shed.

Is there a better way to spend a Saturday? Me thinks not...

Edited by Robbie Stewart

14 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Contermanskloof trailhead in the Tygerberg hills in Cape Town's northern sides. The coffeeshop is called The Dairy Shed. 

Renowned for excellent coffee, the best carrot cake in the west and when the coffee and cake is not on the agenda, it can be replaced with some epic Starke Brew beers and Pizza.

I'm partial to the Black Rhino stout which shares its name with a proper black rated enduro run from the top of the hill (see my avatar pic for reference) and aptly spits you out a few 100 meters from the Dairy Shed.

Is there a better way to spend a Saturday? Me thinks not...

really need to take time and come down to the WC and do some trail riding. Seems to be so much to offer? Any Seattle Coffes close to the MTB trails? 

Close to Jonkers? 

image.png.c12af2d2e243480f7c35ad0a1a8062c5.png

1 minute ago, OVERDRIVE said:

really need to take time and come down to the WC and do some trail riding. Seems to be so much to offer? Any Seattle Coffes close to the MTB trails? 

Close to Jonkers? 

image.png.c12af2d2e243480f7c35ad0a1a8062c5.png

There is one by the Spez LBS in the Tableview Blouberg area which is my LBS and its conveniently on the way to the trailheads. 5 min drive from home. Its my goto coffee stop.

My default order is a grande Americano black and a belgian choc croissant.

I dunno about Seattle close to Jonkers, but I agree you need to get your ass here and come get an education on proper trails. You can spend a month riding every day and ride something new each time.

Just now, Robbie Stewart said:

There is one by the Spez LBS in the Tableview Blouberg area which is my LBS and its conveniently on the way to the trailheads. 5 min drive from home. Its my goto coffee stop.

My default order is a grande Americano black and a belgian choc croissant.

I dunno about Seattle close to Jonkers, but I agree you need to get your ass here and come get an education on proper trails. You can spend a month riding every day and ride something new each time.

Rubbing Hands Together GIFs | TenorDef on the plans. Safety wise? Seen a bit of stuff here on the hub, also an issue in GP sadly you heard of the gent they shot. Safe to ride alone? 

Just now, OVERDRIVE said:

Rubbing Hands Together GIFs | TenorDef on the plans. Safety wise? Seen a bit of stuff here on the hub, also an issue in GP sadly you heard of the gent they shot. Safe to ride alone? 

Some spots are generally less safe to ride solo than others, much like anywhere really. I used to ride the Tygerberg trails solo all the time and never had a safety issue. Crashing alone is another story though. Done that, got the scars. If you do come you will find a crowd of willing Hub members who will gladly join you on rides, me included. That way you get shown the bits you might otherwise miss.

4 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Some spots are generally less safe to ride solo than others, much like anywhere really. I used to ride the Tygerberg trails solo all the time and never had a safety issue. Crashing alone is another story though. Done that, got the scars. If you do come you will find a crowd of willing Hub members who will gladly join you on rides, me included. That way you get shown the bits you might otherwise miss.

Looking forward to it. Will surely drop you a note when plane are concrete????