Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

20 minutes ago, W@nted said:

bd59aa4a-3f9f-48ec-b987-5ff833bfe373.jpeg

That sucks! Really looked forward to the next two weeks of racing from Remco. :(

Alas, the rest of the gents will surely bring a good battle, but Primoz should then wrap this up convincingly in the end*

* : if he stays on his bike

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

That sucks! Really looked forward to the next two weeks of racing from Remco. :(

Alas, the rest of the gents will surely bring a good battle, but Primoz should then wrap this up convincingly in the end*

Remco to make his TDF debut?

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

Ineos boys might just have something to say about that

1 hour ago, W@nted said:

This sucks. For Evenepoel, his direct rivals and all watching. Someone else will take the win and while there's no room in the results column for comments, I'm pretty sure the eventual winner would prefer to have to fight Evenepoel for it.

2 hours ago, W@nted said:

I’ve been trying to figure out from this whether he felt sick or not.

Made no mention of feeling off in interview or posts after the stage, which he won, again (although, this could also just be not wanting rivals to know you’re a bit off) and the above says it was a “routine” test - implying not something he went for because he was feeling sick? Or am I over-analyzing here… 

would have thought with a rest day today would have at least given body until this evening/Tuesday morning to confirm? But that being said I don’t profess to know too much about the inner psyche of the top teams and their decisions, especially with so little info at present!

8 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Made no mention of feeling off in interview or posts after the stage, which he won, again (although, this could also just be not wanting rivals to know you’re a bit off) and the above says it was a “routine” test - implying not something he went for because he was feeling sick? Or am I over-analyzing here… 

would have thought with a rest day today would have at least given body until this evening/Tuesday morning to confirm? But that being said I don’t profess to know too much about the inner psyche of the top teams and their decisions, especially with so little info at present!

My thoughts too, give it a day or two to sus things out. If needed, you can pull from the race at the start line on Tuesday... A bit weird TBH

35 minutes ago, Spookie said:

I assume if you're positive then you are no longer allowed to continue. race rules.

probably not the last play from Mr C in this grand tour with two more full weeks.

3 hours ago, Vetplant said:

that will take the shine off the victory. I can't imagine Roglic is thoroughly chuffed at wrapping this up without Remco in the mix 

5 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I assume if you're positive then you are no longer allowed to continue. race rules.

probably not the last play from Mr C in this grand tour with two more full weeks.

Nope, UCI/race rules allow you to continue, it’s the teams decision if you pull out or carry on racing…

49 minutes ago, Spookie said:

I don't know man, he said the previous stage his legs didn't feel great and he would like not be able to respond if someone (Rog) attacked. I think he was probably already sick then. Then his TT wasn't as dominant as we thought he'd be, and he looked more tired at the end than usual. 

Edited by Jbr

8 minutes ago, Kenosi said:

that will take the shine off the victory. I can't imagine Roglic is thoroughly chuffed at wrapping this up without Remco in the mix 

I want to believe it's not yet a wrap for Roglic ;)