Giro D'Italia 2024: Chirps, Buzz and Updates

'Dale

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2023 at 8:30 PM, 'Dale said:

Not sure I’ve seen this before on stage 20 of a Grand Tour - hill climb race against the clock over 7.3 kms at average gradient 11.8 % 

That’ll warm me up, moer!

9EE75AF4-7D99-4E8F-A675-2724EC64BABC.jpeg

Saw reports somewhere that many teams are concerned about back-up support on this crucial stage 20 hill time trial (apparently motorbikes only or something)

9 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Saw reports somewhere that many teams are concerned about back-up support on this crucial stage 20 hill time trial (apparently motorbikes only or something)

also, there was a plan B in case the road wasn't surfaced in time:

13 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Listen to Geraint Thomas podcast; they talk about DS on one bike and mechanic on another. Some riders not in contention for positions, wilould likely not get backup.

https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/the-geraint-thomas-cycling-club/id1547237758

2 hours ago, Jbr said:

Tell them we’re available 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️

I will be just another JV rider... 30kms on day1 and into ER 🫣🫠

9 hours ago, babse said:

I will be just another JV rider... 30kms on day1 and into ER 🫣🫠

Remember to straighten your helmet ⛑️ when bonking. We do not want another Roglic moment.

Stefan de Bod fastest at 22:32 at this point in time.

The first of 3 crucial time trials in the 2023 edition, apparently carefully designed to lure in some GC superstars away from the Tour de France in July.

What a milestone for the South African EF Easypost rider in his 1st Grand Tour, looking splendid in his national champs jersey as captured by Getty Sport Images.

Image-25.png

Edited by 'Dale

Remco fastest at split 1... Some big seconds time gaps already forming.

Shew!

55 kms - distance of racing against the clock left in this Giro

1990 - the last time the maglia rosa was worn from day 1 to the finish

Intriguing 🤨

Journo: “What’s your plans for the next few days?”
Remco: “To stay on my bike and not get sick…”

14 hours ago, W@nted said:

Remember to straighten your helmet ⛑️ when bonking. We do not want another Roglic moment.

@babse permission to post said photo? 🙆🏼‍♂️

21 hours ago, 'Dale said:

55 kms - distance of racing against the clock left in this Giro

1990 - the last time the maglia rosa was worn from day 1 to the finish

Intriguing 🤨

Journo: “What’s your plans for the next few days?”
Remco: “To stay on my bike and not get sick…”

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/giro-d-italia/1990/gc/stages/winners

Some chap called Gianni Bugno. Also twice men's elite RR champ, 2 classics and a second at '91 Tour.

I'd say he can ride a bike.

Ganna averaged more than 500 watts in the opening 18.4 km time trial for that podium spot on Stage 1. Yet, beaten by quite a margin in the race of truth by the Belgian TT champion on a largely flat course with a punchy climb in the final quarter of the course. Remco laying down the challenge for what is quite a competitive GC field.

The two teams that showed up well was UAE and Ineos Grenadiers with several team members right up there in the top 10, reflecting great depth in strength (knowing that not everyone goes very deep as they conserve themselves for 3 weeks of racing, depengind on team strategy.

This will go very lekka with my mostly black kit. Do you have one for me in size 51? Wow, just so cool.

Read more here: https://www.cyclingtips.com/2023/05/ef-education-rapha-cannondale-giro-italia/spacer.png