Bike Hub Pay FTW!

thebob

Just want to share my experience with BikeHub Pay for everyone. I think it is a great way to protect yourself, especially when doing a big deal on a bike or components.

I listed a bike for sale on a Thursday afternoon. By Friday morning I had a firm buyer via BikeHub Pay and the system was telling me to box the bike up and send it to the new owner. I clicked the button to get a shipping quote on the BikeHub pay portal and was promptly assisted by Triptych Resources. I boxed the bike up over the weekend and it was collected on Monday morning as promised. The buyer had his new bike on Wednesday morning and I was paid out on Thursday afternoon. Simple and painless!

• 9 months later...

On 11/16/2021 at 2:20 PM, thebob said:

Just want to share my experience with BikeHub Pay for everyone. I think it is a great way to protect yourself, especially when doing a big deal on a bike or components.

I listed a bike for sale on a Thursday afternoon. By Friday morning I had a firm buyer via BikeHub Pay and the system was telling me to box the bike up and send it to the new owner. I clicked the button to get a shipping quote on the BikeHub pay portal and was promptly assisted by Triptych Resources. I boxed the bike up over the weekend and it was collected on Monday morning as promised. The buyer had his new bike on Wednesday morning and I was paid out on Thursday afternoon. Simple and painless!

Not sure how you did this, but there is no option to 'get a shipping quote on the bikehub portal' like you've listed above. Shipping costs need to be added to your sales price by the buyer.

1 hour ago, 100Tours said:

Not sure how you did this, but there is no option to 'get a shipping quote on the bikehub portal' like you've listed above. Shipping costs need to be added to your sales price by the buyer.

In an older version of Bike Hub Pay, there was an external link out to the Triptych Resources bicycle couriering quote form. They'd contact you directly, with payment and arrangements happening outside of the Bike Hub Pay platform.

4 hours ago, Nick said:

In an older version of Bike Hub Pay, there was an external link out to the Triptych Resources bicycle couriering quote form. They'd contact you directly, with payment and arrangements happening outside of the Bike Hub Pay platform.

Thanks 👍

At the moment it seems like the buyer gets a message that shipping costs will be added to his offer (they're not), but the help page says you should negotiate shipping directly as part of the purchase price.

(with my systems test analyst hat on)

Il always use bikehub pay if im uncertain,  but recently partook in a sale involving a decent amount of funds. We met, exchanged pleasantries and discussed what when how….i felt comfortable.  Went back the next day, paid the man in his dining room on his wifi and took the bike. It all went perfectly. We decided against bikehub pay because the fees were going to be ~ R1k. 
And the seller had zero ratings too. But I never felt at risk after spending the two get togethers in his company though. Sometimes you just need to meet someone face to face to do a character assessment. 

if all else fails, bikehub pay 100%.

in contrast, im busy having a bad experience with a pretty well known online retailer in kzn who has seemingly fallen off the face of the earth….

Edited by MORNE

• 8 months later...

Bringing up an old thread, but its the first time I've used BHP.

Had a bike advertised. A guy contacted me wanting to buy it. A couple of things had the spidey sensors tingling. While he was registered on the hub for a fair amount of time, he had no posts, no reviews, no ads. Then he was not going to collect in person but send someone to collect.

The one thing that was positive is that he suggested using BHP.

I contacted Matt, but he had as much info on the guy as what I could see. Since it was a low(ish) value item and the suggestion to use BHP came from him I decided to take the chance. I could not really afford to lose the money, but took the chance. 

The one thing I was concerned about was that the  bike would be collected but the guy could turn around and say he never received the goods. For that I decided I'd take pics of his driver picking up the bike.

Turns out I had nothing to worry about. The gent paid, and when the driver was delayed by a few days he went ahead and marked the goods as received, thereby releasing the money to me before his driver had collected the bike.

But the point of this post was that without BHP I would have probably walked away from the deal as everything else pointed to it possibly being dodgy.

Agree on BHP for the win.

I do not think looking at time on the hub as a member, or even reviews or amount of deals is a fair reflection any more. 

My profile "got lost" some months ago when BH did an upgrade of some sorts. The team quickly corrected this by creating a new profile, so all good from that point of view.

Problem is, if you want to determine whether I am worth dealing with you will find I've been on the hub for 6 months, with no prior sales and only 3 reviews, all in the last 6 months.

Most people would walk away.

2 hours ago, Koos Likkewaan 2 said:

Agree on BHP for the win.

I do not think looking at time on the hub as a member, or even reviews or amount of deals is a fair reflection any more. 

My profile "got lost" some months ago when BH did an upgrade of some sorts. The team quickly corrected this by creating a new profile, so all good from that point of view.

Problem is, if you want to determine whether I am worth dealing with you will find I've been on the hub for 6 months, with no prior sales and only 3 reviews, all in the last 6 months.

Most people would walk away.

I find myself using BH pay a lot more than I used to. The formality of adding beneficiaries for payment, deciding which messaging platform to coordinate on and occasionally having to remind hubbers to post my goods, BH Pay just makes it easier to use all the automation, feels like a takealot experience at times.