Lock on grip advice

Jono

2 hours ago, Pieter1 said:

I got the thick death grips a while ago. Took a bit of getting used to but now I won’t use anything else. 

also, bought the minnaar grips for my recent build and so far its more comfortable but its not as grippy especially when preference is without gloves.

so far death grips still number 1 for me. the burgtec if you always wearing gloves.

17 hours ago, Meezo said:

also, bought the minnaar grips for my recent build and so far its more comfortable but its not as grippy especially when preference is without gloves.

so far death grips still number 1 for me. the burgtec if you always wearing gloves.

My hands sweat so much here my gloves are dripping wet after a ride. I forgot them once and the Death grips were still good.

https://isikosports.co.za/ODI-Rogue-Lock-On-Grips-p95214748

These are one of my favorite grips if you want: 

1. Thick

2. Comfort

3. Dual lock on

4. Long lasting

https://getstokedonline.co.za/product/dmr-brendog-deathgrip-thick-non-flange/

These are my other favorites if you want: 

1. Hanging your palms off the edge of the grip (only one collar/screw inboard)

2. Comfort - especially the thumbs when using shifter or dropper leaver

3. You want to ride gloveless 

4. You like the "waffle" moto style, allowing for looser grip on the bar 

Hope this helps

Edited by MarcHD

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

how did you forget your hands.....

Hahaha! Ja not sure how I only realised it when I reached the trailhead. 

Thanks for all the input.

I prefer thin grips so was looking for 30mm or so diameter, the extra 1.5mm makes a noticeable difference for me. 

I just took off some specialized grips after they wore out, I think they're the enduro type with waffle pattern. Put the original spez grips that came with my bike back on for now, 

Definitely keen to try out the burgtecs, but there only seem to be the 31.5mm version in SA. 

Was also looking at ODI elite motion, but no stock at Isiko. FYI Isiko if you're reading this, when googling ODI elite motion your site doesn't come up.

Can't ride without gloves, I sweat way too much for that, its a shame cause I like the gloveless feel, I don't use gloves on the road bike.

On 11/28/2021 at 7:15 PM, ChrisF said:

My passport has lapsed for that side of the Republic ..... :P

If you can arrange pickup in Bellville you can get a brand new set of Giant grips :thumbup:    Too thin for my bulky hands, I immediately put on Chuncky ESI grips.  DM me if you are interested, sure we can make some sort of plan, even a pick up in Plumstead

Thanks @ChrisF appreciate the offer. 

I haven’t found a grip as good as the Evil Pamela Handersons. Wears well and fits my paws perfectly. 

OneUp grips are a close second but only has the lockjaws on one side. 

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I haven’t found a grip as good as the Evil Pamela Handersons. Wears well and fits my paws perfectly. 

OneUp grips are a close second but only has the lockjaws on one side. 

Pamela Handerson..... I hope they are a little bit bigger than a handful......

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2021 at 8:42 AM, Jono said:

Looking for thin lock on grips (30mm) that are in stock and preferably black and flangeless. Any recommendations?

Anyone have experience with these?

https://www.takealot.com/t4u-pro-lock-on-grips/PLID71718910?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhf2MBhDNARIsAKXU5GTI8rXT0Xlw78iUBJWMWeHNv4W6JGnF9jliA3nJkocuEXTiNpRbF8saAr51EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I bought these and it arrived today. Comes with cap ends. Not the grippiest of grips, but works well enough for me and looks neat and tidy. Very good value for money in my opinion. 

On 12/2/2021 at 12:22 PM, Jono said:

Thanks for all the input.

I prefer thin grips so was looking for 30mm or so diameter, the extra 1.5mm makes a noticeable difference for me. 

I just took off some specialized grips after they wore out, I think they're the enduro type with waffle pattern. Put the original spez grips that came with my bike back on for now, 

Definitely keen to try out the burgtecs, but there only seem to be the 31.5mm version in SA. 

Was also looking at ODI elite motion, but no stock at Isiko. FYI Isiko if you're reading this, when googling ODI elite motion your site doesn't come up.

Can't ride without gloves, I sweat way too much for that, its a shame cause I like the gloveless feel, I don't use gloves on the road bike.

If you like thin grips, maybe look at Rapide grips, they are pretty thin, and fairly cheap

https://www.rapide.co.za/product/rapide-isolator-lock-on-grips/