Bike Hub: 2021 Year in Review

Bike Hub Features

22 hours ago, DIPSLICK said:

my money is on the cape by far,,,,, we used to live in gangsters paradise now its just Gauteng

the cape must take that "prize"

I tend to agree - virtually everyday these last few weeks i see stolen bike posts from Western Cape - Was gonna move there from Gauteng but i have 8 bikes and 8 chances of being robbed 🤯

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, madmarc said:

What about a stolen bike stat - qty by province ?

Good question, and something we'll include going forward.

Here are some quick snapshots. You guessed it, the Western Cape takes the "lead" on this stat. 😣

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 09.39.21.png

Screenshot 2022-01-15 at 09.38.58.png

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Here are some quick snapshots. You guessed it, the Western Cape takes the "lead" on this stat. 😣

Thanks for the stats - clearly the WC & us Gauteng guys need to make more effort in securing their bikes at home - I have 8 bikes in my garage each with their own stand, un-insured ! Maybe i should rig a steel cable system for each bike that i can lock to eyebolts in the wall.

I know one guy who locks his high end bikes with a  cable but has a cheap 26er MTB unlocked and easy to remove as a slave bike. His thinking if they rob his house they'll take the slave bike because its quick and easy instead of trying to cut through locks and cables  

Luckily my garage is part of my house and my property is a panhandle in a cul de sac.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I am surprised the theft from homes is that high.

This data would motivate that riders lock their bikes up when in storage.

1 hour ago, Hairy said:

I am surprised the theft from homes is that high.

This data would motivate that riders lock their bikes up when in storage.

Basically confirms that your bike SHOULD be insured when at home .... not only when used .... yea right ...

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Basically confirms that your bike SHOULD be insured when at home .... not only when used .... yea right ...

Also don't be complacent when you at home.  Don't ever think your bike is safe just because its in your yard.